Aircraft of Vulgaria projects

All Hail Vulgaria..!

Sir Stephen I await the proper markings to properly identify another warrior a/c from the Vulgarian Flying Corps.

I have some additional detailing/assembly but the final assembly including rigging and final weathering for the comic Ni-11 can't happen until I receive the Vulgarian markings and get them on the model...

Next up is the S.P.A.D. XIII in 1/28 for the Stalled/Incomplete G.B.

Waiting by the mailbox ...... :huh:

Cheers,

ggc

All Hail Vulgaria..!

Sir Stephen I await the proper markings to properly identify another warrior a/c from the Vulgarian Flying Corps.

I have some additional detailing/assembly but the final assembly including rigging and final weathering for the comic Ni-11 can't happen until I receive the Vulgarian markings and get them on the model...

Next up is the S.P.A.D. XIII in 1/28 for the Stalled/Incomplete G.B.

Waiting by the mailbox ...... :huh:

Cheers,

ggc

OK,

I just bought more decal paper. I gave up looking for the last batch I ordered - its around here somewhere.

When the new order gets here I'll print up a sheet or two of the insignia and I'll mail you a bunch.

The thing to remember is that not only did Vulgaria use aircraft of all warring nations, they also encouraged, shall we say, "imaginative" aeronautical engineers and designers from various countries.

Thus we have the three engine Ju-87 and P-38's, with floats.

Also, since Vulgaria has many small lakes up there in the mountaines, there are a number of float planes in their arsenal.

Another problem they have is that fact that both the lakes and the flat pastures are somewhat short, so biplanes were the vogue well beyond their demise in the major air forces. Biplanes, triplanes, quadriplanes, etc.

The experimental Russian mono-bi plane fighters, with the bottom wing folding up into the upper wing and fuselage (they actually worked on this idea in the USSR) were developed further on in Vulgaria.

I am working on the biplane F-86 myself at the present time. When the USA spiked the deal where the Canadians were to sell their F-86's to Israel, a number of these planes ended up in Vulgaria, where they were further developed.

Remember, there is no limit to what can be tried in Vulgaria.

Sir Stephen, Lloyd of Auslender

Inspector FeldMarshall, Vulgarian Air Force

Sir Steve: Roger that...speaking of float planes I've been restoring a "QueenFisher" (twin float Kingfisher) that formerly served with the Royal Navy and later with the Argentine Navy...this particular a/c might be a good fit for a Vulgarian subject...this particular a/c has been in the salvage hanger lo these many years just waiting an opportunity to be re-born...

Cheers,

ggc

• 4 weeks later...
Vulgarian Update: Comic Ni-11 approaching completion

ggc,

I see from your photos that the aircraft you're modeling served with the little-known and under-appreciated Vulgarian unit that was attached to 9./JG 54 for approximately 36 hours during the second week of August in 1943. As chance would have it, Osprey will soon release a volume on this very subject in their infinitely long Aviation Elite series. :)

Charles Metz

ggc,

I see from your photos that the aircraft you're modeling served with the little-known and under-appreciated Vulgarian unit that was attached to 9./JG 54 for approximately 36 hours during the second week of August in 1943. As chance would have it, Osprey will soon release a volume on this very subject in their infinitely long Aviation Elite series. :)

Charles Metz

Now Charles, for one such as yourself with such an encyclopedic knowledge of all things winged, you should already be well aware of this. I'll refresh your recollection for you: Almost all Vulgarian aircraft were captured or in some other way conscripted. It would not be at all unusual for the Vulgarian Air Command to retain some aspects of color schemes or markings that they felt were interesting.

Silly wabbit.

Actually, the Vulgarian use of this "red devil" predates the Luftwaffe use...once this build is complete I'll be posting some unit history of the Vulgarian use of these modified Ni-11 aircraft....it will be interesting... :)

Cheers,

ggc

Well, this one is almost finished...just some rigging some little details to paint and she is complete.... :blink:

Sporting "official" Vulgarian national markings....

Cheers,

ggc

George,

I did not realize that they would be so transparent.

I'll print up another set on white decal paper and send that next week.

Yours truly,

Agent XZ-69 ;)