Revell new 32nd Kits

Scotsman

Guest Peterpools

On the subject of originality, Revell can't be blamed any more then all of the big  companies for being conservative.

While we all have our "Please. I Desperately Want List" the odds of much ever being produced is slim at best. :crying:

Peter

I can forgive Revell being conservative in the current financial climate. They've made me very happy before anyway. I never, ever thought I would see a 1/32 Heinkel He-111 from a mainstream manufacturer..but Revell gave me one!

The P-51 looks nice..I may buy a couple!

Best regards;

Steve

A Spitfire XIV or XIX would have had me running round in little circles of joy!!!

Not that I am short of projects just now though.....

What the world needs is peace all over the globe, no starvation for nobody and a top notch Spitfire Mk. XIV  :) both low and high back.

I couldn't agree more.

Yawn.

I won't touch any.

How about a Val. They fought at Midway, Revell, dontchaknow???

I'd rather save up and get a decent kit. The Ju88 is the last A/C from Revell I bought. Cannot see myself buying another.

Other choices, Wildcat, Nate, Kate, Oscar, Yak's, La 7 etc etc.

I always remember the war in the east. So neglected. Pitiful.

Another mustang. Yay.  :deadhorse:

Does Revell have any recent history of doing ANY japanese subjects? No.

Think about where they are located, who their domestic customer base is, and what sort of aircraft are available for them locally to do research on.

Revell will continue to release western/european subjects.

Japanese aircraft are more likely to come from Hasegawa, Tamiya, and ZM. Naturally. And if you look at their releases, ZM has given us a Shinden, a Raiden, and soon a Ki45. Hasegawa has done almost nothing but japanese aircraft in 1/32 in recent years. And Tamiya just rolled out a new Ki61, and a bit further back a new tool Zero (albeit both are 1/48). It's natural that we will see japanese subjects coming out of Japan. It's common sense based on where they are and who their local customers are.

For russian subjects, we should look to eastern european kitmakers. ICM is jumping into 1/32 with an I-16, let's hope it sells so that they may be encouraged to continue. And it will be a big boost to the russian 1/32 market if Zvezda decides to ever get into the game.

Special Hobby is a bit of an oddball, in that they seem to choose subjects from all over the place.

I'll have the Spitfire: perhaps they will have corrected the fuselage shape (CAD flow-through I'm informed) from the Mk II, but if not, no big deal.  My intention is to use the Alley cat PR XI conversion on this kit rather than cutting holes in my expensive Tamiya plastic.

Come to think of it, why didn't Revell simply release a PR XI, or any PR variant? 

Oh, and I may be tempted by the P-51 as well.

Because PR variants don't appeal to casual modelers. The normal paint scheme doesn't scream excitement on a boxtop.

And expensive-to-produce models have to sell to casual as well as dedicated modelers in order to make money.

The P-51D is an excuse to buy more 1/32 P-51s to try different marking schemes on. So again, I'm pleased. I can't afford several Tamiya/ZM P-51s as easily as I can afford several Revell P-51s.

That's my feeling. It's not just the price but the complexity of the Tamiya kits. They are so beautiful but I don't always want to put that much time and effort into all that interior detail when it's the markings of particular pilots or units I'm interested in. If the Revell kit is acceptably accurate and has a decent cockpit and wheel wells...and maybe an option for dropped flaps...I would be happy.  More the Hasegawa approach.

It's sure easier to do a series of markings at $35 to $40 Canadian a pop than $200 plus retail for each. But I know that's just one approach and opinion.

Edited by R Palimaka

Yes but why not the Bf110G-4? How absolutely bloody unoriginal to do these three AGAIN, just mind blowingly crass!

Max

Why are they doing a Fw190A-8 nightfighter and a new He219? Maybe because they have a prior Fw190F-8 and He219 kit to base these on in order to produce new kits economically?

They have no new tool Bf110 kit to base a Bf110G-4 on. So the Bf110G-4 would be an all new tool. And the all new tool slot is currently occupied by their P-51.

We should be asking why Dragon isn't doing a Bf110G-4.

I think (roughly) different shape supercharger intakes, different radar (Lichtenstein with Matratze antennae - a bit wilted in the model photo), maybe different number of cannon in belly pack, no schrage musik in rear fuselage and is that a different rear canopy?

Matt

EDIT: Yes, as per the post two below, this is a 219 A-0 - same as ZM kitted.

Edited by mattlow