PB2Y-5 CORONADO flyingboat 1/72

knuckledragger

Ahoy

Here is another of my collections in the vacuform rangs, I built this 40 years ago the comapny who produced this is has been long out of production scince 1972. this is the Sutcliff 1/72 PB2Y Coronado flying boat. you dont see very many of these on the foprums at all I amagine i am the first. the kit is a hair puller and its not made for the novis at heart. there are fit issues galore and then some, instead of useing formers and spars the kit gives you which are none at all the kit you recieve is noth9ng but a shell the worse of the worse. I filled in both fuselage with sears epoxie same with the insides of the wings aPICT0001-10.jpgnd tail feathers giveing you a strong structure. takeing the structures on a piece of wet and dry sand paper applying presure sand until the parts mate perfectly then assemble with epoxie. whe done prime fill and paint when done the plane is heavy practicly unbrreakable I dropped it on the deck one day it didn,t break anything very strong.

Boats

PICT0002-9.jpg

PICT0003-12.jpg

PICT0004-12.jpg

PICT0005-12.jpg

PICT0006-7.jpg

PICT0007-7.jpg

PICT0008-5.jpg

Edited by knuckledragger

Boats,

Impressive and incredibly lovely build.

Love the propellors ...Nice build and looks STUNNING even now after all these years....

Nice !

Ahoy Marus 137

Thank you very much for your reply on this one I dont think that there are any of these posted on modeling forums to my knowledge. the coronado is always one of my favorite flyingboats used by the Navy and coast guard I believe the English used them to durring the war.

boats

Nice work! I have a soft spot in my heart for the odd ball flying boats like this and the Mariner.

Ahoy ShawnM

Thank you very much for the reply, I myself had always the glamour of the fabulous flyingboats the present thier only way of charm. Between Consolidated and Martin they were the mainstay of flyingboats.Thanks for the reply I am honered.

Boats :thumbsup: