Tolly Hello Mk.IXc Spitfire

I love the figure. i'm starting to feel that manufacturers should include a figure or two in kits to give builders the option, but then thats just me. 

Your build is really coming together and the PBJ, I loved my B25 build after getting bogged down in details but all in all enjoyable. 

Keep up the great work on the Spit. 

the booth I ordered through TCP on eBay. normally they are $170 to $190. But purchased mine off of ebay for under a hundred with the LEDs and exhaust kit + free shipping. make sure when you order. that comes with the exhaust kit and the LED set. there are 3 versions or more. for us LSP guys. you can connect two of them side by side and make one large one.

for the bird which one are you referring to. the nose art of the Spitfire. or the girl pin up wearing the red hat in the background on the right of one of the pictures. it's a 1:24 scale pin up figure sitting side saddle on a motorcycle. she looks like Nancy Reagan from the forties.

Cheers

I'm referring to the Spit Danny. Thanks for the info on the booth. Maybe I can talk my wife into getting one. Now I'm painting in my non insulated garage and the weather here isn't Good for AB work. Temps are teens to 40's....Harv

Hello Danny,

Not to be a party pooper...lol. But, I did want to share these two links with you that talk about MK210:

They both explain that this Spitfire only got her nose art because Gustav Lundquist had to belly land her in Greenland and the P-51 tanks under the wings took the brute of the damage, thus making her repairable. While Gustav was flying on to the U.K. in a B-25 to get spare parts that's when MK210 received her nose art, while she was grounded in Greenland. Just thought you may like to know a little of the history of your modeling subject. MK210 also wasn't the only one of her kind. There also was MK317

This forum talks about MK210, MK317 and pictures of another time after the war that Spitfires used Luftwaffe drop tanks for what was called Operation Velvetta 1&2

Anyway I'll shut up and let you build you model however you want and enjoy watching. I must ask though did you make the fuselage tank you inserted yourself? If so can I get one from you? Tolly Hello is on my To Do list too.

Cheers,

Brady

Brady I've heard two stories the one that you mentioned in the links. The other one is in a book. the book version mentions that Mk. 317 broke down in route and while waiting for parts they painted the nose art on MK 210. the book is mentioned in this thread in the beginning from ventura publications

Brady on the internal 60 gal fuel tank. I used my master in the kit but I do have a mold and I have to modify the piece that comes out of the mold to make it fit and Mk. 9 as it fits in Mk. 16 now. PM me your address and I will see what I can drum up.

maybe I'll have Harold molded it and put it in his lineup along with the fuel receptacle.

cheers

Danny

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Here is the original and mold. The new modified master and fuel receptacle.  I will make a new mold of the new master and fuel receptacle as soon as I get new mold material.

I will post Photos later as Photo Bucket is :redx: :notworking:

:sorry:

20160129_181632_zpsvhv56rim.jpg20160129_181541_zpshtdsp3uh.jpg20160103_225736_zpsuobu3etl.jpg

Here you can see were to place the extra fuel tank The white dot is the backside of the fuel receptacle.

20160103_225725_zps9pvnn7l8.jpg

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

• 4 weeks later...