Tolly Hello Mk.IXc Spitfire

Hello I will join the group build officially with my Tamiya Mk.IXc TOLLY HELLO. I will do a in flight build most likely. I like to know should i build with clean lines ( No P-51 tear drop tanks ) or with the tanks?  Also need some custom masks done of the MK 210 markings on the side of the fuselage?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/abreu2828/PhotoSpitfire1a.jpg

http://s25.photobucket.com/user/abreu2828/media/SpitMK210001c.jpg.html

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/abreu2828/300cupz.jpg

I will post some photos soon of my start.

Cheers

Danny

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

So here is a few photos of the Cockpit with the extra fuel tank in the rear of the cockpit. That is partly scratch built. It is filled by a receptacles behind the canopy on the port side. Like a P-51 D Mustang

20160103_225736_zpsuobu3etl.jpg

That is a what the white circle left and above the O2 bottles is, The back side of it.

20160103_225725_zps9pvnn7l8.jpg

20160103_162545_zps5dse80hx.jpg

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Nice.

Slightly O/T but that's a nice Martlesham Mustang as well.  :goodjob:

I posted the Mustang as a reference to the Fuel cap behind the pilot. Also thanks for the complement Mike and rest of you great folks here!!!!

This is the fuel tank ( copy ) behind the pilot that was added to Tolly Hello Mk.210 by the US.  The top should be more like the black one and the one already have done in the Kit.

20160105_232557_zps9lrximtw.jpg

20160103_225736_zpsuobu3etl.jpg

Here you can see the fuel cap for the tank rear of the Cockpit

20160105_232245_zpshkfrncjc.jpg

Here we have the P-51 Mustang drop tanks for her. As well maybe the wrong elevators as this plane should be built as Tamiya's instructions C version with a round rudder. For the wings, Tolly Hello had no 303 machine guns. Only the 20MM Hispanos. As the wings had extra fuel tanks. But with no refrences to the wings. I will just cover up the 303 Gun ports :hmmm:

20160105_232227_zpsdcirzacy.jpg

20160105_232340_zpskdm4ytpa.jpg

Cheers for now

Danny

Thanks Harv and Iain for the :hi:  to the Group build.

Very nice, it was an on off American modification. IIRC it flew across the Atlantic but Supermarine thought the modifications weakend the airframe and it was not developed further.

Cees

They scraped her Cees :crying:   Some Pub had the nose art on the wall I heard.  But may have also some thing to Lanquset crashing in Iceland ( one Wheel gear collapsing ).  He was also the highest ranking test pilot to be shot down and POW in Germany.

I posted the Mustang as a reference to the Fuel cap behind the pilot. Also thanks for the complement Mike and rest of you great folks here!!!!

I just realised that my post could be read two ways.  I meant "Slightly O/T ..." as an admonishment not to you (I understand why you posted it) but to me for going off at a tangent with a (well deserved) compliment. :)

I know what you meant Mike. I do that all the time. I was just making sure that folks knew the photo was there for a reason.

back to the Mustang I'm just posting photos of it because it's a fast build.

It is the first model I practically finished of an aircraftin 10 years. I started the Spitfire 7 years ago when my grandmother was ill. Since she has passed.

that's why I'm finishing that up as a tribute and I did the Mustang as the nose art and the call letters are almost her initials and likeness. my grandparents really supported my hobby and encourage me. one year my grandfather actually bought me a hot glue gun so I can put my models together. I never used it for models but my friend used HIS dads for a OV-10 Bronco. it bowed the wings.

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4