Hawk T Mk 1 ETPS - FINISHED, COMPLET, FINITO ...

Well I've primed some bits (and tested a highlighter pen, yes it still works)

WP_20160429_20_07_15_Pro_zpsredyh033.jpg

Then painted and decalled the cockpit.

WP_20160430_21_22_22_Pro_zpsvbe5brbq.jpg

WP_20160430_21_22_43_Pro_zpsfhysjptk.jpg

WP_20160430_21_23_12_Pro_zpsoxu4gyqv.jpg

I think the kit instrument decals look reasonably effective.  Next job is one of my favourites in a cockpit: detail painting, dry-brushing, and a bit of weathering.  There may have been some changes from the the standard T1, given the role, but I'm a bit short of info one way or the other so I'm going to leave it as is.

In any case, this will also test if my "theory of bang-seat optics" works in 1:32 as it does in 1:48.  "What is this theory?", I hear you ask.  Simply this: go to town on the ejection seat, it provides a focus for the cockpit and draws the eye, thus making the cockpit look much better than it actually is. :wicked:

Edited by MikeC

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks both; I must get back to this very soon, I got distracted by a couple of Lavochkins.  They're 1:48, so please don't tell. ;)

I like the "bang-seat" optics theory Mike, artists have a technique called trompe d'oeil, literally translated as fool the eye where you think you're seeing something that's not quite there. Very clever......but LAZY!!!! :) :)

Max

“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.† (Robert A. Heinlein)

....so we can look forward to lots of progress then Mike?! :)

Max

• 4 weeks later...

Some progress finally - been somewhat distracted of late.

The cockpit's installed, as are the Heritage intakes and jet pipe.  The locating points needed some adjustment, but given that they are a simple drop-in replacement for the kit parts.  The kit parts for the turbine faces are fitted, and apart from nose-weight and some final details I think I can close her up soon.

WP_20160610_16_17_09_Pro_zps1jju8qxp.jpg

WP_20160610_16_18_39_Pro_zps3yniw6jb.jpg

WP_20160610_16_17_47_Pro_zpsqzomvkcm.jpg

No more progress today - just about to turn the TV on to watch the Trooping of the Colour for HM the Queen's Birthday.

Thanks Gents.  Carl, yes they join nicely when the fuselage is closed.  I'm really impressed with how well the resin fits, some adjustment notwithstanding. 

Closed the fuselage today, pics to follow at some point. 

Fuselage halves are together.  SInce this was taken, I've added the rudder and its fairing, the rear fuselage panel, and the panel on the spine; and made a start on cleaning up the seams.

WP_20160612_12_03_40_Pro_zpsnpnmylve.jpg

Carl, the intakes fit together beautifully.

WP_20160613_14_25_36_Pro_zpsdpuzowpc.jpg