1/32 Spitfire MkIIa No.19 Squadron

Ok after I had a real mission on building the trumpeter Chinook, I thought id go and try something a little easier and quicker. To my surprise I spotted the fairly new Revell Supermarine Spitfire retailing at a remarkable price compared to the Tamiya effort. So as it was nice and cheap I thought id take a punt at it and see how good it was and its very good, didn't have fit issues at all. The only real pain is that the spures are pretty much numbered completely at random, so most time was wasted checking every sprue for a certain piece. I do not doubt that there maybe a few historic inaccuracy's in the kit where Tamiya has probably got it right, but for me is it worth the extra money??? Not in my book its not!

This was built almost out of the box, the only addition was the seats belt which came from the eduard #32088 set. All in all I think it turned out pretty well considering and I wont be avoiding Revell kits from now on, they have really improved a lot that's for sure. Please remember I build with a 'it looks about right' mentality and the undercarriage is intentionally at the angle it is due to the fact I wanted it looking 'fat' on a diorama, so here goes.................enjoy and all comments welcome

IMG_0425%202_zpsoju170gr.jpg

IMG_0428_zpsyetqx4gk.jpg

IMG_0430_zpspu57ogun.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsmm3icb3k.jpg

IMG_0438_zpssocqyxaj.jpg

IMG_0447_zpszvsknyb6.jpg

IMG_0448_zpsd0lcsjri.jpg

IMG_0422_zpstw42kfna.jpg

IMG_0419_zpsqkhksc2x.jpg

Hi David, regardless of whether or not the build is eligable for the GB it really looks good and is a fine tribute to the man. :speak_cool: 

If you have another Spitfire in the stash and feel like joining in you'd be more than welcome. There's still plenty of time left before the last day of May cut off. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Two mon

Hi David, regardless of whether or not the build is eligable for the GB it really looks good and is a fine tribute to the man. :speak_cool:

If you have another Spitfire in the stash and feel like joining in you'd be more than welcome. There's still plenty of time left before the last day of May cut off. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Two months might be enough to complete another build..jump on in!!

Don