1/48 Anigrand Mig-31 Firefox Complete.

danimalmagic

Pretty quick build and one for my own collection for a change, just over two weeks work from start to finish, if i ever come get another one i think i might do a NMF version. 

Overall a nice kit to build, the only thing that lets it down are the deep old panel lines, but having done a few Anigrand kits that is par for the course. 

The landing gear i thought was going to be an issue but it is quite steady even with all the weight of the resin. 

After getting the base coat on i just added some random panel variations to break up the surface. 

100_6250_1.jpg

The real thing if we can call it that is quite glossy and patchy but its kind of dificult to get to fussy with this sort of thing as its not real so you dont really have a lot to work with, i suppose that is also a good side to sci fi work, no real right or wrong. 

thumbnail_5a08785fbe67efb7bf51466381debd

Last thing to do was decal and assemble, job done, yes the air brakes are up. happy.gif

100_6292.jpg

100_6291.jpg

100_6290.jpg

100_6289.jpg

100_6288.jpg

100_6287.jpg

100_6286.jpg

100_6285.jpg

100_6293.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Con't

Edited by danimalmagic

Yes, i wou

Wow, that looks terrific!    Really unique for sure.   Im totally surprised that the mains are not duel wheels though.

l would agree with that 100% but its a film so i expect they scrounged what they could, i had another post that suspected they had used the gear off of an F-4 Phantom, in reality if we can call it that it would no doubt be the same tandem layout as the real Mig-31, all Russian birds have heavy duty gear for of airstrip landings.

Thanks for looking.

That is amazing. I have no idea how you built that in just 2 weeks, Danny! Terrific job.

Kev, its the first time in over a year that I have not had a commission on me bench. It never lasts long so it pays to work quicklyðŸ˜

Back to the grind next week.

Danny

Edited by danimalmagic