WNW D.VIIF - Wilhelm Hippert's "Mimmi"

mammut08

Awesome work!!

I am really looking forward to seeing how you apply the Aviattic lozenge as I will soon be using these on my LVG and I have never applied lozenge of any brand before, any ideas from anyone would be cool!!

Cheers

Brent

Hi all,

Thank you for the encouragement. Brent, after Christmas, I will hook you up with a detailed post on the application of the Aviattic decals - they look great.

A quick update on my Fokker D.VIIF. I painted the checkerboard pattern on the tail surfaces and the forward lower fuselage access panels. I spent a little time weathering the latter. These I dirtied up pretty good as they would have been subjected to oil leaking out of the cowling access panels and running along the fuselage underside. I intend to take a much lighter hand with the rest of the airframe.

mod4315_zps2d9d51a7.jpg[

URL=http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/mammut08/media/mod4321_zpsf12720f7.jpg.html]mod4321_zpsf12720f7.jpg[/url]

Mod4310_zpsc6ae3274.jpg

Thanks for looking and, as always, everyone keep up the fantastic work

Dave

Edit: I have reposted the photos, these are more true to color.

Edited by mammut08

That's incredible all the things you can do with this tool !

First, i have to say your built is very nice, but it is almost a commercial for the Silhouette Portrait as the result is amazing.

I love it !

At this tlme, it seems one can find it for about 150€ for Christmas. I wonder if i wont offer it to myself ! Illimited custom production for free ! Complex paint mask, checkbord (incredibly boring when you have to hand-make them), and so on !!!!! 

THank you for showing us this excellent tool !

EDIT : your weathering is great, and there is not relation with the Silhouette cutter. Keep it coming !

Edited by Zero77

Hi All,

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Zero77, there are several different companies making "craft cutters". Just google  "vinyl (or craft) cutter" to see your options. Some have better availability that others depending of your continent of residence. They are no more expensive than an airbrush and most of us have one of those. I will still use decals for many things, but having an easy to use, inexpensive, computer controlled mask cutter sitting on the work bench opens up a lot of possibilities.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by mammut08

Hi All,

A quick update,  I have been working on weathering the fuselage and laid in the blue paint on the forward coming and lower engine cowling. Weathering includes a bit of Tamiya smoke, burnt sienna oil  filters and pin washes and a little burnt sienna and burnt umber oil paint streaked from the bottom edge of the fuselage to simulate earth splashing onto the bottom of the airframe on take-of and landing.

IMG_4363_zpsa2f37a28.jpg

IMG_4346_zpsc9eab686.jpg

Next up, masking and spraying the leather padding around the cockpit and I need to touch up some aluminum overspray that found its way onto the outside of the cowling on the other side of the airframe (not shown). Then its on to painting and detailing the engine.

Everyone keep up the great work,  the builds here are just fantastic.

Dave

Edited by mammut08