Old Revell Me 109G

imatt88

oh my god, i herard rumors of this book from Beamon ages ago, nerver was able to locate it, didnt even see the cover until now....

Well, if my memory's right the book cover you saw is the one of my book!

It took me ages to get one but this was worth the hunt...!

The review/correction of the kits is more or less useless now as the 109 initial kit releases have been replaced by better kits in all scales since the book publication. However, the 1/32 plans are still excellent and among the best ever released...

A true time capsule...!

Thierry

Hi Folks, 

I seem to remember a magazine article several years ago on converting the Revell Bf109 G6 into a Hispano HA.1112 K-1L Buchon using the nose off the Matchbox Mk22/24 Spitfire, accuracy aside I seem to remember it looked the part?

It's been a long time away from this site, the drive to come back was a call from one of our sons about the WNW Camel three weeks ago which stirred that dormant sleeping modelling monster inside me. I purchased a Camel on line that night but was disappointed to see the Pup had sold out. The monster was fully woken up last week after driving past a model shop in St Mary's out near Penrith, Sydney while looking for an eatery. The result was a pleasantly full belly and a 1/32 T6 Harvard. Just to really drive it home the next day I walked past Metro Hobbies in downtown Melbourne on the way to a business meeting so on the way back stopped off and purchased a WNW Sopwith Pup plus a 1/144 Airfix Comet 4B (just because). All this got me into visiting here again and finally sorting out my LSP pass word this week. So it's been a busy time catching up on all the glue and solvent sniffing you folk have been doing for the last 18 months and I'm aiming to join you again...

Good to be back.

Rgds Brent

Hi Ian,

Apologies I didn't mean to 'high jack' your thread, of all the threads I have read through over the last week and that would be in the hundreds, this one hit a cord as I have one of these kits in my stash. I also have a couple of Hasegawa G models, a couple of 21st Century Toys editions (a G-14 and F-4) from memory plus a couple of Emils one old and one new hiding somewhere in storage.

I'll make the old Revell one at some point soon as a getting back into the hobby model and at the end of the day it does look like a Bf109-G just not something you would put into a competition or look too closely at so if you want a quick build to practice a skill on as has been mentioned, then it has to be a starter despite it's pitfalls.

Rgds Brent

PS, I'll track down that Buchon article, it did make into a nice model.

Edited by branchline