Klinkity-Klank. Finished a Tank 23/07/17

Gazzas

Joel,

Thank you for coming by.   I appreciate your kindnesses.  You may have misunderstood that this was my first armor build.  I apologize if that was the impression I gave.  It was the first where I tried heavy weathering using all of my very recently gained weathering knowledge, and the first where I was happy with my attainment of rust.

Maurice,

Thank you very much!  Again, I have to stress that I didn't want to give anyone the impression that this was my first tank build.  But it is the first where I made use of recently learned weathering techniques.

Gaz

Joel,

Thank you for coming by.   I appreciate your kindnesses.  You may have misunderstood that this was my first armor build.  I apologize if that was the impression I gave.  It was the first where I tried heavy weathering using all of my very recently gained weathering knowledge, and the first where I was happy with my attainment of rust.

Gary,

1st armor build or not. It's what's on the table at the end of the build that counts, and it looks great my friend.

Joel

Hardcore,

I have only done three bases in my entire life.  One for a seaplane in flight and the other for a Tiger 1 and a water base for a warship.  Only the water base got much effort because I just couldn't get into the others.  But when it comes to seaplanes, anything is preferable to being on a little trolley...even though I know those trollies were used IRL.

In all three cases, I used some scrap wood from the shed.  I'm not really big on displaying, and nobody in my family is remotely interested.  So, there's really no need.

Gaz

That is an excellent build for your first go at armor. The weathering is great.   :thumbsup:    I'm not much for the massive rust streaks that are put on armor. If you look at construction equipment that have been in use there is some surface rust but no big rust streaks. Now if they have been sitting for years...that's another story. 

Dan

Hi Dan,

And thank you.  Please let me stress again that this was not my first armor build.   Maybe my 20th, thereabouts.  But it's the first attempt at heavy weathering using successive layers of various techniques and media.

When I was a teen, occasionally I could scrape together some cash and afford a model.  This was back in the 70's and 80's.  I can only think of around 15 tanks I built prior to 1985 when I left the hobby to pursue those things a young Marine finds important:   Alcohol, skirts, and cars.   I've built 5 in the last two years since returning to the hobby.  But I've been learning fast since there is so much info on the net and since I've joined a armor SIG club.

Gaz