HpH Supermarine Walrus - Operation Torch - 1942

Out2gtcha

Thanks guys!  I really just re-read my OWN thread from the start.................

I made it sound easy!   :lol: Thankfully I talk/type a LOT during these LSP WIPs, so that will actually help me in fact when I get back to the Walrus. 

After reading it all, I really actually want to now!  However, reality has hit me a bit, and that includes the fact that I already have SEVERAL projects on the bench, and more directly behind these, so it may be a while unfortunately. 

Get on it, Brian, and finish her off. She'll look good on the contest tables. There's plenty of HPH builds going on now, and a few more to start soon. When I'm done my P-63, there will be another close behind...

I really want to too!  I just have to stick to my plan, or risk not having enough categories entered in my own home towns NATs. Stupid sounding I know, but Ill be back on the Walrus first thing after my NATs entries. If the Walrus was was something other than a 32nd prop, it very well might be in he NATs rotation itself.  

• 1 year later...

Thanks Tom! This one is similar to the F7F in that it really saps it out of you as far as your modeling will goes. There are issues (problems or not) to overcome at every turn, and the least of which at the point I left off was getting the two wings aligned. 

HpH kits are extremely detailed, and generally come with everything one needs extra AM wise, but require a lot of work to complete, and they are so labor intensive they really can burn me out. Im experiencing a similar thing with the Tigercat, but I have another smaller build im working on at the same time to keep me from getting burned out, so that helps.

Ive got the big Walrus in my display cabinet in its current 40% or so completed state, openings taped up to prevent dust from entering, and I will definitely return to it at some point,  but not sure when, as Ill need the right motivation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tom, that baby Walri, looks amazing! The big Walrus of mine has her windows and gun openings taped up, and is patiently waiting for me on the bottom S.O.D. section of my display case. :(  Ill get back to her and will finish the big Walrus at some point for sure

This is superb modelling so far. Thus thread is a pleasure to read.

Hats off.

Fanch

Thank you kind sir.  :D    Seeing your modeling skills, I would say the same, however, I dont think Im quite up to par with your skills yet!