1/32 MUG-29A (9-12) (from Revell to Trumpeter)

Guest Martinnfb

• 1 month later...

very nice mod, martin. i setled for sanding the area back a little, your result speaks for itself. i cannot pronouce the importance of proper research enough, something i have not done properly on my build, its a lot more work if you do it the wrong way. you are doing much better as you obviously have done your homework on this one. a pleasure to watch!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Why oh! Why does this happen to me?? I think to myself, "I know .. I'll build a Spitfire next" and then someone posts a beautiful He-111 and I think, "I've got have one of those next", and then someone posts progress shots of their Fulcrum and I say to myself "I KNOW I want one of those next"....

I'm so confused :mental: :frantic: and It's entirely your fault .. if this wasn't such an excellent, educational build I'd have been ok.

Love what you're doing so far.

Grant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So on Wednesday we said BYE BYE REVELL, never again and send the last cup of sorrow to landfill . The reason is of course a newly released Mug from Trumpet's workshop and let me tell you Guys, I am generally pleased.

I have been waiting for so long , decades of suffering as I saw new releases in smaller scales popping out and here we are, a DECENT MUG :)

So this was in the box.

eYnW8P9.jpghpuHgNn.jpgCGhW7N7.jpgzgoekmD.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

After a brief evaluation it was clear that LERX is slightly mispronounced and the fuselage sides just beneath the canopy are sloping/angling down too much. Also the radome is wee bit 3mm shorted and in nose-up position. Piece of cake.

zviU61C.jpgIb5ZLLJ.jpg

aiming for this kind of  look :)

German_MIG-29_Nose.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

two lateral cuts allowed me to bend the upper part of the fuselage to the right angle and cockpit assembly with  sanded sidewalls was used as a support and guideline after the outside skin was bend into appropriate shape and glued onto them.

The cuts/radius are following the panel lines as it is on the real plane. No filling yet, just a rough-in.

Lpci4eg.jpgWwZTkN1.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb