The Huff in 1/32 (F-86F) the dragon is onboard

oppenheimer

Oleg, can you check if your wings have the same issue as mine??, i keep working on small items till i find a solution to the wings problem

I have almost the same problem with wings as you do, however it looks a bit better

I specially didn't cut photos

20141113_191953.jpg

20141113_192014.jpg

Oleg, thanks for the pictures of the real monster, they will be helpful during the build, ok so going back to the model, i removed the gun panel from the nose, the one on the model really sucks so i cut it out and i am waiting for a resin replacement

IMG_5752_zps9f8b0e25.jpg

about the wing, the real stuff dont have those deep sinks on the center panel, so i pulled out the credit card and bought one from Kinetic, hopping that the new one will be better, at least a will use the aft fuselage to replace the original one.

to try to fix the sinks in the wing i used Tamiya putty dissolved with some thinner, and covered one of the panels, i dont mind loosing the rivets details on the center wing panels, in the real one you dont see any rivets on the center fuel panels

IMG_5753_zps5129cb97.jpg

Edited by oppenheimer

Neat fix!

I just wondered if you are going to use the RAF decals in your kit?! I have the Korean Air Force version of this model, but wouldn't mind doing an RAF one maybe. I have some USAF Korean war decals already, but the RAF one would fit in better with my other models!! Or maybe I should just get another one as well, and plan to do both!!

Tim

Guest Peterpools

Joge

Nice progress on resolving the multitude of kit molding problems.  Can't wait to see how the Huff  looks under the primer

Keep 'em coming

Peter

one wing primed, it look great, barely visible the sinks over the wing, it will look like a little stressed skin with the alclad finish , it looks much more natural without all the rivet holes in the center panel of the wing, next step, fix the rest of the wing on the upper and lower sides, also the pin holes for the lex fences over the wing will be gone because the HUFF did not have them

IMG_5762_zps72aade48.jpg