Babylon 5 winter

spacewolf

Hey all, as you may or may not have known, due to really screwed up Karma a lot of my stuff had to go into storage 4 years ago and at least one build thread ground to a halt. Well, the universe has smiled and I got it all back yesterday.... The Starfury is yellowed some but in great shape and the Sharlin is perfect... so being the nut I am, I'm going to go all B-5 on you this winter ! Feel free to join in, chime in, get involved or lurk in the 'Shadows' to watch the madness !

KGWGr8V.jpg

ZVgdmnp.jpg

Yes, going to re do the Nial in 1/32.... BSG Viper MK II for scale...

eyMzExS.jpg

Wish me luck... I'm gonna need it !

:frantic:

Vaughn

Stoked about seeing these!  After recent convo's about B5 I started looking at some of the ship models out there made of wood and finished fantastically.

Roll on!

The wood models are ok as long as you are not anal about shape and scale fidelity. Suffering an advanced and incurable case of AMS I'm doomed to not be able to accept such models into my life... :frantic:

:rolleyes:

The wood models are ok as long as you are not anal about shape and scale fidelity. Suffering an advanced and incurable case of AMS I'm doomed to not be able to accept such models into my life... :frantic:

:rolleyes:

I don't buy models that someone else has built.  I was just surprised to see that they'd actually been built.  RE:  Scale fidelity:  I can't imagine how anyone could make any of them to scale except the Starfury and the Vorlon Transport used by Kosh.   Heck, most of them were only seen for seconds at a time and not from every angle.  Too much guesswork for me.  I suppose if they used 3d models and not CGI, and actually released plans or pictures with useful views... 

I'll enjoy it through your work.

Gaz

Good to see both you and your models are well.

I look forward to seeing more of the both of you round the forum. B5 away Sir as it is a wonderful topic.

There can never be too much Vaughn on LSP. :)

Dan

I'm so pleased the Starfury was ok... still gotta check the masters I made for warping... and thanks for the compliment !!

Vaughn

So spent the day digging out stuff and checking... refamilarizing myself with the Starfury plans...

7d2Cfcu.jpg

A couple of rough sketches of parts on the Nial..

gBdWgQq.jpg

And looking over the 'plans' (if one can call them that) of the Sharlin.... The 'instructions' call for filling the body and fins with expanding foam for support.. think I'll be going for built up ribs and a tube armature for mounting and support. Want the fins and tail removable for storage and transport.

IUPGEdd.jpg

5au2te1.jpg

The 'Great Maker' had been in the process of converting parts to resin.. so part of the lower fins were resin ... gotta look at re doing them back to styrene as the solid resin mixed with thin vacu form styrene is trouble in the making methinks.

pY3kIkk.jpg

So lots of pondering and planning to do before I start cutting plastic or carving masters.... stick around kids, it's gonna be an interesting build season !!

:piliot:

Vaughn