HpH Supermarine Walrus MkI

Guest Dekenba

And when here in this forum, you and min.4 more people (it mean 5 modelers in competition)  will build and finished our Walrus we will get one our model as price for the winner in this small competition.   (could be Hornet ?!?!)

That's excellent Mirek! Would you like me to include this news in the next update?

Kev

Mirek,

I have one question regarding the internal bulkheads and generaly all other pieces attached to the resin sheet.
Are they at the right thickness as I remove them from the sheet or do I have to grind them on sandpaper to reduce the thickness.

Regards.

Edited by Plm

So it can't possibly be this one, then?

ummm no :)

I got mine yesterday and my head is still spinning reading the CD (yes the CD) instruction manual. I was thinking of

throwing my hat into this GB but I already have a Dora I'm busy with and we should actualy see Dekenba make

some progress first

Mirek,

I have one question regarding the internal bulkheads and generaly all other pieces attached to the resin sheet.

Are they at the right thickness as I remove them from the sheet or do I have to grind them on sandpaper to reduce the thickness.

Regards.

HI!

The best and the simplest way is  to grind them on sandpaper to reduce the thickness.

Mirek

Guest Dekenba

ummm no :)

I got mine yesterday and my head is still spinning reading the CD (yes the CD) instruction manual. I was thinking of

throwing my hat into this GB but I already have a Dora I'm busy with and we should actualy see Dekenba make

some progress first

Please don't hold back! Get your thread started and the Walrus out of the box.

The more the merrier, you can never have too many builds of this beauty going on.

Guest Dekenba

OK, I'm cracking on with this now.

Slight problem is a small crack on the canopy. However, a quick e-mail to HPH was answered within an hour with the promise of sending a replacement immediately.

That's excellent service that the big players like Tamiya & Hasegawa just can't match and one of the reasons I like buying from the likes of HPH, MDC, PCM, etc.

I'm cleaning up the fuselage first. It's an excellent moulding, the only real problem was removing the pour stubs from the very front of the fuselage. I've carefully sawn them off. The join is not perfect, but looking at the instructions - which, superbly,  are pictures of the actual model in construction - shows a little bit of filler in that area, so I'm following the instructions to the letter!

I'm just getting the fuselage halves exactly the right size, as they are slightly too big because of the resin lip on the edge. I'm also putting a slight angle on the bottom of the hull joins, so that they meet at 90 degree. They don't quite at the moment because of  the slight V shape.

I'll post some pictures this evening.