WNW kits - very cheap from the manufacturer!!

SimonCornes

I received my order for the Airco DH.9 today, too bad about the box cover, but everything else seems to be intact and in perfect condition! 

There was even a little nice surprice included: A Windsock S.e.5/S.e.5a Squadrons booklet, that I like to think maybe is a little personal

greeting from the people of WNW, or maybe just a coincidence? Anyways, a nice touch, thank you Wingnut Wings!

Happy Modeling from Denmark!

7698-190917170520-121982196.jpeg

7698-190917170521-12199146.jpeg

7698-190917170521-122001144.jpeg

Edited by kkarlsen

I placed a bet on the Rumpler C.IV. I assume that the damage would not be plastic. The instructions are available on line and decals I can buy separately or improvise. I selected the cheapest postage so it will be fun to get something in the mail 5 weeks from now that I will not remember.

Rick

I am back from vacation in France Thursday and whoo hoooo the kit arrived the day before. Great timing and I did forget so what fun. Perfect condition except for the box. Thank you WNW.

Rick

Is that someone already flipping one of these on Ebay for a tidy profit?

You know, I was going to be very self righteous about this and say 'what a terrible thing' then realised I would be a real hypocrit because I had mentioned the sale to my other half a couple of weeks back and she had suggested I buy 2 or 3 - to sell on! I didn't - probably because I'm stupid but also because I only tend to buy what I want to build (in theory) but I'm glad I didn't make my original post!

I'm glad everyone is getting their orders. Sadly mine hasn't turned up yet, despite having the order confirmed on the 29th August. This makes me feel somewhat hacked off as it probably means the UK Inland Revenue are going to eventually send me a ransom demand, which will rather take the edge of what seemed like a great idea. I bought the $29 DH 9a so I'm expecting a box full of cardboard and paper 'mush' so if I get hit for duty on top of that then I will not be a happy bunny!

Ah well, not yet the 29th September so there's still time!!

Good news - sort of. I had e-mailed WNW about my missing kit and got a reply this morning. It had ben returned to them - got back Tuesday this week. No reason given by the postal service. Was my address correct? Yes. So its on its way again but how strange! So that's another 2 to 4 weeks to wait but at least I know it hasn't vanished so I can relax again!

• 3 weeks later...

And I have it!! Sadly, it also cost me £18 odd 'ransom' money from Parcel Force but its still cheaper than a 'perfect ' one. As it stands, the box is a bit dented but the contents are perfect. I now have a spare DH9 decal sheet! And maybe I wish I'd ordered one or two more kits at the time - we live and learn!

WD Water Damage?  Might be marked so no one can return the item later saying damaged in transit etc if they order another, or sell on as undamaged, not surprised they all went, they had full colour adverts in some of my magazines advertising the sale.

Edited by TonyT

Tony, that is a lovely bit of work!

I rather think that the next time WNW have some kits with a bit of warehouse 'rash' they will vanish like the morning mist - we have all learnt ! Initially quite a few guys - quite rightly - thought that we would be buying a knackered box with contents turned to mush through water immersion and it would be more trouble than it was worth to buy one. Dave at WNW told me that I was lucky so maybe some were pretty poor but I can't recall anyone on LSP saying they bought a load of rubbish. Hindsight being 20:20 vision, I think we may all have increased our stake in these kits had we known. I rather doubt that WNW will have a similar sale like this - but if they do, will someone please PM me?!!