1/32 Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6 (Revell)

Zero77

Thanks for the nice comments !

Bill, actually i prefer your RA 109 than mine.... :goodjob:

Merci mille fois, mon ami, mais vous êtes trop bon.

Your build has such superb panel lines and stenciling. I admire it a great deal, but I'm partial to anything Italian (especially in a skirt).

Edited by Bill Cross

Yes, i love some specific french dishes (Cassoulet from South-west, Choucroute from Alsace and other traditionnal dishes) but you know, everydays cooking for french is pretty plain. Steaks, sausages, chicken, potatoes, pastas, rice, vegetables.... Actually i eat pizzas at least 4 or 5 times a week, and in summer time a huge amount of tomatoes with mozzarella, basil and olive oil. That's delicious, light and good for health.

And i really like american food, even if when i say that some french guys want to beat me to death... :) I am a true potatoes skins enthusiast ! With shredded bacon and a lot of onions and cheddar. I am also on mexican food.

Edited by Zero77

Zero, if you ever make it to NYC, let me know and I'll show you the sights.

I like Cassoulet when I'm in Paris (usually at least 1x per year on business), but crème brûlé is fantastique and pâté is also lovely. Your steaks taste very different from ours, and your burgers can actually be eaten very rare (or not cooked at all in the case of Beefsteak Tartare). You can't eat a rare burger in the US, the meat is likely contaminated with e coli bacteria.

I really dont like to eat burgers rare. Steaks ok, but not burgers, except for tartare (nice and fresh in summer !).

Be careful when you're in Paris, there are a lot of restaurants who sell not so good food at expensive price. There is a real business around tourism and some are taking advantage of that, that's why i dont come to Paris very often even if i live only about 40km near. Happily, there are still good restaurant, though. This one is very nice and even if not very cheap, it's not too expensive either : http://www.lesronchons.fr/

Let me know next time you come in Paris, we may have a drink !

There is a controversy that i've never understood about beef in the US. Here in Europe, people say that american beef is not good, poor quality, enclosed animals breed in factories and eating powder, and so on.... When i was a child, about 20 years ago, i went 2 times a whole month in the US, my father rended a motorhome and we traveled in the west. And i really enjoyed the steak houses, big NY or T-bone steaks, perfectly cooked, juicy and tasty. And we often spent nights in desertic lands where we could see huge herds of cows. No factories but free cattle with tons of fresh grass to eat. So where is the truth?

Edited by Zero77

Zero, there is absolutely NO TRUTH to claims that US beef is raised indoors.

The problem for our beef is how it is slaughtered: the meatpacking industry works hard to limit government inspection, so often the meat becomes contaminated with e. Coli bacteria during the slaughtering process. That's why even the government recommends cooking hamburger to a high enough temp to kill any pathogens.

I work in a part of the food industry (brand licensing) and I have done numerous plant inspections. There are some very good food companies out there, but you can't be sure.

In France, I always get my burgers rare, or have tartare. It's a treat.

Funny, but your restaurant is a 4 minute walk from one of my favorites Le Reminet, just across from Notre-Dame. I have dined there several times over the years, and it's always wonderful (expensive, but amazing).

I would love to have a drink with you next time I'm in Paris.

Bill

• 1 month later...