I'm In!

Slight step in front of the cockpit (accentuated by the angle/lighting). No gaps, even in the wing roots/attachment points in the underbelly. There's a "pin" in that area that I should've removed before closing it up I think -- it would've provided me a little more wiggle room to even that area up during cementing (or rushing and NOT heeding a warning given to me about removing paint completely due to the precision of these kits!!):

gZ6QkN2.jpg

..on a slight tangent, while the moving surfaces is novel, I doubt the real aircraft had gaps like this when an aileron's in the up position?

rLdRHAP.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

Are you going to add any additional plumbing or wiring to the engine?

Don

It just seems to beg for it doesn't it? I've been studying the builds of other members this morning -- and while the detail work is admirable, I'm not sure if it's for me because I know I won't particularly enjoy it. For example, I started the Zero build and decided to try some scratch building of the ignition ring/wiring(I have no clue what this is actually called) with aluminum tubing/solder/bead wire. Didn't particularly enjoy it, but it's so visible, it seems incomplete without it:

X2VyoIu.jpg

I didn't plan to wire up the Spitfire's engine..but we'll see.

Couple of hours to correct the screw up....sanding very carefully, but detail lost is inevitable, unfortunately, the raised area in front of the windscreen had most of it sanded off -- I used a scribing tool to mimic the raised panels and I suppose it doesn't look too bad. Whatever rivet detail was replaced with a beading tool.

CA was also used to completely seal the area..I'll brush some primer to see how it looks a little later, but viewed from a low angle with a light source in front shows that it's fairly smooth. Lastly, any advise on actually gluing the control surfaces? (Edit: I also test fitted the windscreen and it still fits like a champ!)

aBLZ0DU.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

LOL..thanks Maru!

More detailed painting on the engine components. I picked out all the bolts with silver and I'll probably go back and re-do all of them to have them stand out a bit more. Not sure how accurate it is, but it adds detail and interest. I had to stop because my eyes were starting to get crossed-eyed. I know it doesn't seem like much has changed, but I've been at it for a good 6 hours today, even foregoing my usual chores! It's been a productive weekend.

k9r3KBx.jpg

Hey Max, I want to glue the control surfaces in place and wonder if there's a better option to using liquid cement -- a potential disaster in the making for me.

I think I'll drill holes in the right places and use some stiff wire to keep them in place in the desired positions, but I'm concerned that the wire may show a bit.

Hi Shaka, this update is excellent. The paintwork is beautifully crisp. Good job.

That copper looks superb and appears as close to polished metal as I can ever remember seeing. The whole engine cradle and bulkhead looks marvellously busy and convincing.

Keep it up.

Cheers.

Not much of an update......in the middle of cleaning up the rest of the seams for priming -- hopefully this weekend. More detailed painting/drybrush of the engine...Heavier slush wash using thinned Future (I like the subtle effect it produces), then a flat coat for the engine framing/firewall...that's about it for the rest of the week.

vbqxkcq.jpg