Barry

• Harold likes this

#152 mhorina

mhorina

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Paul a question, will the port side landing gear cover have a provision for the landing light or will it have to be added by the purchaser of the USAF version or will there be a part for this? Also will there be a part in the USAF version for the retractable landing light under the left wingtip?

Mike Horina

#153 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Hi Paul,
Wouod it be worth selling the Yankee extraction seats as a seperate item as well?
I need a few for ZM kits etc and might make you some money on the side if you have them available?
Be after 2-3 myself..

#154 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

Hi Guys, 

Harold Offield of AMS Resin gave me the Yankee seat, which I have modified, and I'm going to send the master to him so he can sell them if he likes, fair's fair.He also provided the gun sight that my shakey old hands couldn't really do justice to, so he pretty much saved my butt. I won't do anything that would cut into his business, being a gentleman and all that stuff.

The landing light for the gear door is provided as are the flip down wing tip lights (some had two) and fairings, you'll have to decide if you want them up or down and modify the wing a wee bit but I know that we are all fearless plastic bashers so no worries there.There's enough weird antennae to satisfy the most eclectic taste. Molding and casting that VHF antenna for the roof of that canopy was sporty, I can tell you.

More soon, Cartograf say the decals won'r be here until late in the month, but we're trying to get enough of these puppies made up to get a bunch of them out ASAP.

Paul

• kalashnikov-47, Harold, Alburymodeler and 4 others like this

#155 mhorina

mhorina

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

Paul,

Thank you for the info on the USAF landing light and for the wingtip lights. All the more happy to have preordered your USAF set. Thanks again for addressing my questions.

Mike Horina

• paul fisher likes this

#156 Winnie

Winnie

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

Now I'm totally ignorant, but are any of the schemes Bernie Fisher's MOH plane?
  • Harold likes this

#157 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:28 AM

Yes, Fisher's MOH aircraft is included.

Chuck

• Winnie likes this

#158 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

My God, how could have missed that !!!!

I'm crazy to see that conversion.... I'd like to place a preorder for a double kit pack, but i'd prefer to have a USAF and a USN version. So i think i should wait a bit more...

Time to get my "A1 Skyraider in Vietnam" by Mutza from the shelf !

• paul fisher likes this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#159 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

An excellent book.....While reading it I kept coming across a name I recognized only to realize the guy is an acquaintance of mine who lives very near by.

He flew fire bombers for years out of Chico.Last time I saw him he was feeling poorly , but I'm hoping to get a chance to talk with him soon and learn more about his Spad days.

Also, decals have not yet arrived, so nothing is shipping yet, looks like end of the month if I'm lucky.

Paul

• Harold and Zero77 like this

#160 Harold

Harold

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

An excellent book.....While reading it I kept coming across a name I recognized only to realize the guy is an acquaintance of mine who lives very near by.

He flew fire bombers for years out of Chico.Last time I saw him he was feeling poorly , but I'm hoping to get a chance to talk with him soon and learn more about his Spad days.

Also, decals have not yet arrived, so nothing is shipping yet, looks like end of the month if I'm lucky.

Paul

I wonder if it was him who dropped a load on a large brushfire that started on the other side of Churn Creek, about 500yds from my house in Redding. I saluted him as he came over me at treetop level. He wagged his wings and left for home.

• Kagemusha and Zero77 like this

#161 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 25,164 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

For those that may be unaware, this is the Schiffer book referred to above.

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users