ICM I-16 Type 24 CAD Images

RBrown

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it will have the same markings options as ICM's 1/48 version. Just wondering whether the light paint scheme is pale grey or aluminium dope.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I-16 Type 24 just arrived from Hannants this lunchtime.

Looks absolutely super. Usual quality ICM box: cardboard tray lid and solid unfolding cardboard box underneath. Nice shiny decals which include instruments, very crisp grey plastic mouldings, and clear sprue for the windshield and lights.

The call out for the overall light scheme is aluminium, the other three being green uppers and pale sky undersides. There are colour profiles included with the instructions. AFAIK the same options as in ICM's 1/48 scale boxing.

Looks like a genuine fun build.

Tony

Great info, waiting for my I-16 to arrive from Hannants any day now.

I take it there is no provision for seatbelts in the box, PE or otherwise?

I see that Eduard offer a set of soviet seatbelts but these seem to differ from the type of belts included in their various 48th scale complete I-16 sets.

Edited by Anders_Isaksson

Got mine today!

If this is the normal standard from ICM, the future looks very bright indeed!!

Three main grey coloured sprues with one crystal clear sprue for the windscreen and lights parts.

The decal sheet is well registered and the flight surfaces of the ailerons and rudder beautifully rendered and looking very impressive indeed!

The instruction booklet looks concise and very straight forward for ease of construction of the model. 

I like it very much, I can't wait to start building it and I suspect I won't be the only one licking their lips at this kit!!

On first inspection I can recommend this kit to all those who are fans of Russian WWII aircraft.

Well done ICM!!

I now very much look forward to their next offerings coming in our favourite scale next year.    

Edited by Royboy