RFI...Trumpeter P-40B Pearl Harbor, Kenneth M Taylor

1to1scale

Since its December 7th, I am finally posting my first 1/32 Scale build ever in remembrance of the event that brought the US into the war back in 1941. My Trumpeter P-40B Pearl Harbor build, pilot/hero Kenneth M Taylor.

This was my first ever LSP build, so it may not be up to par with some other builds. I made quite a few mistakes, I should have modified the cockpit floor, I installed the ailerons upside down, I broke off the pitot tube twice, eventually gave up on the brass one and now the original kit pitot was reinstalled (after the pics were taken), I also spent a lot of time painting parts of an engine completely hidden from view. I felt I learned from this kit, so thats what matters.

Overall I was very happy with the Trumpy P-40B. Gaz beat me to building another one in NMF, but I will eventually get around to it.

rN8bomG.jpg

IugGGnB.jpg

Mgp7MwX.jpg

we93Cgx.jpg

dWr69ei.jpg

hJUWdWZ.jpg

qzufVuV.jpg

WObhSva.jpg

qzQUbf5.jpg

12lC0UQ.jpg

8W2y3MG.jpg

xusYOpE.jpg

vh4TIty.jpg

Cdqw47u.jpg

NToQq1A.jpg

Great finish.  Those images remind me of all the angst I am experiencing with this kit.  I'm in the home stretch on surface prep and hope to start laying down some paint in a few days.

Not an ez kit, kudos for beating those TRU demons.

Guest Peterpools

Terrific work on the Trumpeter P-40B ... not such an easy kit and truly like what you have achieved with it

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Great looking P-40 (my favorite all time plane).

I have this kit and the cutting edge replacement for the absurdly shallow kit cockpit.

I considered adding plastic card and creating a new floor and extending the cockpit sides down. The resin pit is nice, but not necessary.