Dewoitine D.520C-1

big matt

Thanks guys!

Umm, those are 6mm stripes David. The box cover pic has a different pattern than the instructions. You are right though, wider would look better. I used Tamiya 6mm tape to lay out the stripes. It does look better with some shading though. You might want to go wider than 6mm on yours. I have about had it with this kit so they stay as is.

As for the paint... I used just about everything in the drawer. I will try to keep it brief,

red- mm insignia red

yellow- mm insignia yellow

brown- tamiya red brown xf???

green- gunze h303 with a little gunze rlm 04

blue- aircraft colors US blue grey

light grey(bottom and sides)- aircraft colors US light gull grey with a little blue grey in it.

i have all the weathering done now and will try to get a pic soon.

David, watch out, the tail wheel support is very flimsy and I now have a somewhat sad looking bend in it. Be careful.

Alright Matt! Gotta luv that color scheme. Pilot came out really nice too. This is going to look great when it's all completed, really colorful. Man, if I could get my subtle shading and weathering down 1/2 as good as yours I'd be whistling Dixie! :rolleyes: Looks like I'll be getting some practice soon, as I'm bringing the 109 outta the boneyard and dragging it across the finish line so I can be done with it. Hmmm, guess that's what this GB's for ,eh?! <_<

Looking good, can't wait to see more progress pics! Russ

Finished.

This kit was an interesting change from the typical shake and bake for me. It was a good learning experience, a little frustrating at times though. At least it looks like what I wanted, sort of. Fun colors to paint though. Definitely not something I was used to.

d520-1-4035.jpg

d520-1-4036.jpg

The kit seems a little "soft" on detail for panel lines etc, but that was a nice change.

final003.jpg

final004.jpg

d520-1-4045.jpg

d520-1-4031.jpg

d520-1-4029.jpg

Thanks for all the great comments everyone! It will be fun to continue to watch the "Box Stock Derby" and I look forward to seeing more of the great builds get finished.

Matt

Hi Matt I have to say that you have made a pretty darn good plane :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only hope that mine will look just as good, you can be proud of this result(wrote this not to kiss your #ss) :P

Now that your 520 is done i can post some pics in the member build look out for them

David

Daaang, snuck another one past the finish line, eh Matt! :blink: Now that's a colorful unique paint-scheme. Excellent job on the build and finish,.. you ROCK dude! I've come back 2-3 times just to check it out again, it looks so cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with next,....does that make me a 'Matt Groupie'!? :rolleyes: heh heh. Seriously gnarly model, buddy. Russ