Zoukei Mura P-51D

Ryan

I emailed ZM about including "rubber like" hoses in future releases. Then the modeler could actually join the pipes link by link....could be cool and fun.

I'll end up just wrapping the joints with aluminum tape.

Ryan

Evening builders,

A coat of Tamiya primer over the oil tank reveals some work to do around the cap and disk up top. I'll need to rebuild the lip around the cap and the cap itself. Some of the pics I have seen also show a couple of hose connections that are not on the part, no biggie. Also took the time to shoot the fuel tanks with primer, some nice detail here.

14890646527_09671ede80_c.jpg

image by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

14890552460_becebf4da5_c.jpg

Thanks,

Ryan

I have MUCH LUST for this kit.....

Awesome build so far, interesting build style using the primer in that way, I have never noticed that in other's builds.

I have avoided this kit, as I would need to buy about 4 of them to satisfy all the configurations (ie: main assemblies, partially skinned, ground servicing, and im sure i could think of something else)

Any hints on your livery choice?

Thanks for posting up your build.

Thanks for the questions and comments wrench. Not sure yet what scheme, but am building with nose panels removed and gun bays open.

I use the primer probably too much but it helps me see bad joints or otherwise...unfortunately it makes for messy step by step. (also) Being an armor modeler as well I'm not a fan of painting items one by one so in the future you'll see many parts glued up to be painted all at once.

Tonight I managed to get more work done on the wing assembly. The parts added were the gear well framing as seen below. After clean up the parts locked into place very firmly!

Nice engineering.

14902048888_75e643d5f4_c.jpg

15088249452_1c43ba6eb5_c.jpg

14901945059_77a3a843ca_c.jpg

Ryan

Almost forgot the kit did bite me this evening!

Cut off the locating points on one of the landing gear linkages, hopefully others building this kit wont make my mistake. It's an easy fix to attach some square plastic strip to rebuild but could have been avoided!

14902037838_668e75ffe5_c.jpg

Ryan