Then i begin to mask for the red stripes and the crosses. I've made the swiss markings with adhesive vinyl instead of using the decals, so i'm sure to have exactly the same white, no support film, and the same technique than the one used for the real thing :
Then a first coat of red (mix of tamiya gloss red and gunze flat red, to make it semi-gloss, as it was for the white). I noticed that with the white undercoat, the result was quite pinky.
So i've make a slight coat of yellow. It was very thin, just to give a better undercoat for the red and make it more "red" :
And then after one more coat of red, here is the final result, a nice deep red :
Next step, painting the letters markings, then a coat of gloss varnish, decaling, and wheathering.
Edited by Zero77, 04 May 2014 - 11:19 PM.
Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know.
Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D, Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V