B5 Project

LSP_Kevin

A bit of a crude effort in Photoshop that will tide me over until I can take better photos.

Kev

Crude? Looks great to me K1. (I have Photoshop 7.0 with about 150 plug-ins, and can't figure out any of it.)

Hold onto your hat Kev, Moebius is releasing all new tool original series BSG kits ! The Viper should be out by mid summer, the Raider by fall and the Big G by Christmas.

The drawings are blowups from the B-5 Security Manual. From talking with people who worked on the meshes used for the show, the drawings are about as close as you will get to what was seen on screen. I did them up to 1/32 size ...can you guess why ?

:rolleyes:

Vaughn

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Tremendous finish ... just love it and the best way I know of to keep the juices flowing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, nice photoshop work ... it sure is the way to go for posting the final images.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Edited by Peterpools

Hold onto your hat Kev, Moebius is releasing all new tool original series BSG kits ! The Viper should be out by mid summer, the Raider by fall and the Big G by Christmas.

That's cool! I won't likely be able to afford them unfortunately, and I have to confess to a strong nostalgic hankering for the old Revellogram kits!

The drawings are blowups from the B-5 Security Manual. From talking with people who worked on the meshes used for the show, the drawings are about as close as you will get to what was seen on screen. I did them up to 1/32 size ...can you guess why ?

Hey, that's even cooler! I hope you'll share it with us when it happens!

Kev

Kev

Tremendous finish ... just love it and the best way I know of to keep the juices flowing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, nice photoshop work ... it sure is the way to go for posting the final images.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter! I'm hoping to turn out even better versions of the Photoshop image once I can take better photos.

Kev

Thanks Vaughn! I now have to decide what my next sci-fi project will be. I don't really have much to choose from at the moment though: an old AMT X-Wing and a couple of 1/1000 Enterprise kits (NCC-1701) from Polar Lights. My wife has all the cool sci-fi kits! In any case, I've got a few other builds to crack on with, so they can wait.

Kev

Kev, You asked if there are any really great SF kits out there.

Either of the Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise kits (the refit is my favourite) are very good & accurate as are the Moebius BSG stuff as well as their Seaview & Jupiter II models.

The really good stuff though tends to come from the garage producers so unfortunately can be a bit pricey.

One of my favourites is Cassini designs Skydiver model from Gerry Anderson's UFO, a real beauty!

http://www.cassinidesign.com.au/Models%20Index.html

Nice build of the Babylon station, i've one in the stash but better kits keep pushing it to the bottom of the pile, literally!

Edited by Sage the Owl

Thanks again fellas. Sage, I've heard good things about the Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise kits, though I wouldn't know where to put one. Thanks for the link too. Pricey indeed! But I was pleasantly surprised to see that Cassini is an Australian endeavour. Cool!

Kev