4 replies to this topic

#1 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,551 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hi Richard,

it seems to me that you released or thought to release such sets. I saw that mentioned in a DR1 magazine article. Am I right? If this is indeed the case, this would be a very nice idea for the Roden and Hobbycraft kits!

I would get some immediately!

BR

Thierry

• harvey and bstachel like this

#2 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,328 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

I knew I'd seen them on the site, but could only find this time them using google...

http://www.aviattic...._stitches).html

#3 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

Hi Richard,

it seems to me that you released or thought to release such sets. I saw that mentioned in a DR1 magazine article. Am I right? If this is indeed the case, this would be a very nice idea for the Roden and Hobbycraft kits!

I would get some immediately!

BR

Thierry

Military Illustrated Modeler of this month with the Encore DR1?

The article made me go and buy the kit which i had to wait for until one showed up for auction on ebay lol...

It mentions Richard has them prototyped through HGW ...

• Kagemusha likes this

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW AEG G.IV White.VII (RFI/WIPWnW DFW C.V (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros DVa (WIP/RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI) Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler (RFI) WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI)

WIP: 

Check out my blog on Smugmug                                        i-6kV8Kvp-Th.jpg

#4 bstachel

bstachel

LSP Junkie

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

I commissioned HGW to produce these in a trial design but after three attempts they are still not pronounced enough to give the effect I wanted.

The stitching decals they produce already are simplistic and over-scale, I put the project to them as they seemed to have the process for what I wanted. 

As they are they give at least some impression of detail rather than the alternative, nothing, on the Roden (and other) kits - but not perfect. At 1/32 scale I firmly believe something should be present, in real life the effect can be quite pronounced.

HGW have now tired of my pestering (not answering my emails!) - and a "rival" Eastern European company has recently announced their intention to produce WW1 stitching decals - the downside of announcing your intentions too early...so expect a rip off product soon - who knows how the complicated machinations of Eastern European model manufacturers works?..

I'll create a page on the site to illustrate the idea and the product as it stands. A limited number of test sheets can be made available if interested parties email me sales@aviattic.co.uk

best wishes, Richard

• Out2gtcha likes this

#5 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,551 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted you per email.

and thanks as well to the others!

Thierry

• bstachel likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users