Tamiya F-16C Blk 50 TMOTA 2005

Guest Smitty44

Guest Smitty44

That's right!! Well gonna try this again post PB crap, and now that that competition thing is over. It;s the Tamiya kit with a mixture of resin Photo Etch, and scratch building with Jake's book at my side. Gonna have a baggage pod, ACMI pod, and lot's of love!!

tcs2onO.jpg

jylSsK5.jpg

Guest Smitty44

Cockpit! I didn't feel like cutting this one up for the entire resin tub so I'm scratching some, and using a little PE and resin.

Fu5lGYT.jpg

c0dUuyZ.jpg

MDF8w0b.jpg

Sanding off those pesky ejector pin marks

Cxm8l0R.jpg

Guest Smitty44

Baggage pod....

NYdYibG.jpg

I have the vertical stab all glued together and painted white ready for the yellow and orange so I will get to that soon as I like to paint that off of the aircraft. I am painting the IP now, and starting to put the brake lines on the nose gear/ wheel bay. More tomorrow!

Guest Smitty44

Guess I can back off on the zoom a little..makes it look a little shakey! This is my first WIP so I'll get better as I go along.

Guest Smitty44

Nice work!!

That's the second time I've seen the "fill er up" method. Definitely going to try that when I get around to building my F-16.

I used it on Intruder intakes too! Paint your external color that extends inside the lip of the intake first. Then I use a fat straw or something and fashion a funnel so the white does not get on your gray. Fill up the intake with white to the desired level leaving a clean line so no masking inside your intake. Then drain the white from the bottom and stand it up while it dries.

Edited by Smitty44