1/35 Caterpillar Sixty Tractor

Smokey

Greetings everyone.  Thought this would be a great little subject to do.  I actually got two of the ChTZ S-65 tractor kits.  The first one will be to convert it to a Caterpillar Sixty Tractor using LZ Models conversion kit and the other will be a abandon Russian one. 

aoAIRb.jpg

z5E8jv.jpg

While waiting for LZ models conversion I started on the worse part of the kit and that was the tracks.  Each track is made up of three parts.  This is just half of them cleaned up.  

kKuZzO.jpg

I also got the Rinaldi Studio Press book on this Tractor.  Great Book for when it comes to weathering.  

Dan, this is so cool, I'm watching closely, and Chris, those tracks are top notch, what is YOUR secret for the well worn look?? I'm working on the Mini Art D7 and the Meng D9R, I could use all the advice you guys would be willing to pass on....

Very cool. My dad owned a 1926 CAT Sixty. He bought it in 1946 and used it with a tow behind grader to build roads. In the 70s, we got it running again and played with it. He found and bought another one and also got it going too. We had two of them for several years. I used to use one for crushing metal 5 gallon cans we got defoliant in. Dad was a crop duster.

Edited by JimRice

The SM.02 book is one of the greatest painting and weathering books I have seen. ingenious IMHO. The author layers out a very logical path. I got a total re-education. I want to do the wood burning tractor conversion but no kits yet. I will be watching your build. The LZ models conversions are a tad intimidating for me.

Rick