Nausicaä with Kai

LSP_Kevin

I noticed the other day that there was a documentary on TV about Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli (The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness), so I scheduled it for recording. Today, while removing the ads from the recording, I noticed something very interesting on Miyazaki's desk:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-31%20at%209.02.2

Looks like the Tamiya kit to me! Probably used in the making of The Wind Rises. I'm really looking forward to watching this doco!

Kev

• 1 year later...

Apologies for dredging this one up, but I've just replaced all the Photobucket image links with ones from ImageShack (except the one in the previous post, which I no longer seem to have). Still haven't purchased the Bandai version of the kit yet, but am tracking a few on eBay, and will pull the trigger when the time is right.

It's interesting looking at the photos of this model a year on - I was pretty dubious about it at the time, but now that the dust has settled and the trauma of the build forgotten, I really like it!

Kev

Wet palettes are a useful tool for painting.

But there is also a drawback: The wet paper tends to rot after some time in the container. Keep this in mind and replace it from time to time. Both for your health and to avoid the smell.

Regards

- dutik