Hasegawa Me 262 Aufklärer Ia

Alain Gadbois

Thank you guys!

Merci beaucoup André!

Hopefully fixed the dihedral problem by gluing a thick piece of styrene as shown in the photo. There was a lot of tension in the lower section then I remembered seeing a water melon explode wrapped around by a bunch of rubber bands. I added as much as needed to bend the part sufficiently.

8zCUoYG.jpg

Now to some landing gear bits, which are detailed with styrene and strips of foil to replicate all the details seen in the references. A lot of time spent in this! A punch was used to make small holes to clear the pin that will hold the retraction cylinder.

wM3pYtN.jpg

jd9Fq7U.jpg

I'm using the kit wheels for now, but plan on replacing them with resin parts, as they really have no great detail on them.

I may have more photos tonight, if I can paint and assemble these in time.

Thanks again!

Alain

Hi all!

Most of the work done in the last 2 days is shown here. 

First, to bridge the gap between wing and fuselage, I glued styrene sheet on the wing sections. Probably not enough, but I will have to test fit and adjust as necessary.

ZWwU1bk.jpg

RLM 76 Light Blue was applied next, masking to protect the metal finish in the intakes and exhausts. I forgot to add the rudder and tail planes (RLM 76 also)

in the photo...The gear parts were painted in RLM 02, the wheels in Nato Black spray. Oleos are aluminium tubing, polished to a bright finish with compound. All the paint used is Tamiya. The torque links and brake lines are to be added later. 

mW8ri9K.jpg

0wYjaUm.jpg

I tried to finish the rivet detail on the fuselage, but even with good photos it is a lot of work to determine the position of the various rivet lines so I did not make much progress there.

So this is it for this group build. I did not have much time to work on the 262, but I am happy to have done some good progress in the last few days, continuing where I had left off.

Thank you all for your renewed encouragements, I really appreciate this!

Regards,

Alain

• 1 month later...