My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

all look very nice Dale!

Thanks.

I still need to correct the Italian grey on the 109. I had a bit of an accident and stopped before moving on. I'll fix it tomorrow.

The 109 looks really nice, Dale. The Tojo looks to have a nice weathered NMF finish, but I  think I need close ups to see what you don't like.

Not sure about the gloss, looks the same to me, but again it's probably more visible in person to determine the quality of the gloss and/or application.

Keep going!

The Mr. Hobby metalizer stuff looks really grainy up close. This is quite different to Alclad. It wouldn't bother me, but that paint in Australia is about $16.00 a bottle. It's actually no better than say, Tamiya silver. Which is $4.80. :)

Anyway, the decals have begun to be applied.

Yesterday was a decent day. I had yet another disaster attempting to use Lifecolor paints. All of which seem to have been badly affected by the Sydney Summer. This is why the German markings overspray looks so shoddy and the demarcation line on the port fuselage is incorrect. I will fix it tomorrow.

I also got in 3 hours drum practice. So it was a busy day. Modeled from 9.45 am through 5.30 pm, then practiced and began applying decals at 11.45 pm.

I need a life! ;)

20170311_073821_zpseiel1aj7.jpg

Edited by mpk

looks good to me with the decals in place

Mabey u have to make a smalk cut in the decals on the wings so that the decal go in to the gap between the wing and the flap

Mark

Done! :D

I am currently searching for F4 exhausts. I must have some...

Are they just like a G?

20170312_120925_zpstfjxpigp.jpg

20170312_120848_zpsxsiouodz.jpg

Wow! I LIKE it, Dale!

Cheers mate. Slowly but surely.

I will figure out the Raiden. I think I know what to do. I'm going to begin weathering the Tojo tomorrow. In fact I am checking in to look up bare metal builds so I can steal borrow other peoples ideas. :)

Happily I have a photo of a Tojo with a big exhaust stain on a metal finish. :)

I keep looking at George and thinking, wait and am leaving it until these are complete.

I watched that Japanese ace video again I posted. The Shinden Kai sounds like it was some aeroplane. I really want that to look nice. It's got those lovely brass cannons on it. If I recall the cockpit looks okay. 

:)

Looking good Dale. I like the mottle on the 109 and the Jack is looking crisp too.

Jim

Thanks mate.

The Jack just had it's cowling removed and I will fit it better later on. Today has been devoted to both 109 and Ki-44.

Happily I have a quiet compressor so was able to begin using the airbrush at 4 am.

So at 4 am I masked off the black behind the pilot and corrected the size. For some reason I'd made it overly long. :D

You're really rockin' here, buddy. I like what I see.

Thanks mate. I'm just trying to learn. I've got in 9 hours thus far and it's only 1.54 pm. :)

I've begun weathering the Shoki. I plan to make it pretty rough looking. Based in China 1945. I reckon things were getting a bit shoddy. Things may seem a little dark at present, such as the control surfaces, but I plan to lighten them later with a little white mixed in with clear.

I found exhausts for the 109 and worked on the landing gear....

Here's a few shots of how some things look at the moment.

20170313_133058_zpsfxx4zbtn.jpg

20170313_133013_zpshjgjxwza.jpg

20170313_133146_zpsfnzf2faa.jpg

20170313_133608_zpsmhfbjxzw.jpg

20170313_134925_zpsisnwh2nn.jpg

20170313_135006_zpsbsgc3ge6.jpg

20170313_135044_zpsdc38tqbs.jpg

20170313_135122_zpsmb3n5q3k.jpg

Nice..I like how the Shoki's turning out. Very pretty aircraft with some odd, "caricaturish" lines.

Thanks Shaka.

I'm looking at the 109 now....

I need to clean up some areas tomorrow. The paint job on the starboard cowling needs repair. Just means more learning. I'll take care of it tomorrow. I know what to do.

The Shoki is an odd creature. I think it's the wings. I wonder what designs led to the final product???  :hmmm:

My current plan is to complete these two. I will then complete the Raiden. Then I will see how good a job I can do on the Shiden-Kai.

I'm really looking forward to that model. I've been checking it out as best I can on the net. It sounds like it was amazing.

I've still got the various 109's, each in its own state. I'm kind of happy to wait because I have a heap of AM for which I am now unprepared. If I can pass this current experience I may be able to move on. :)

I also readied a propellor, an undercarriage, 109 flaps and painted a P40 E cockpit. Just for fun. Incomplete. I used Vallejo for the cockpit green. Nice paints! :)

I'm basically modeling all week. I have no other plans.

I'm looking forward to the day I can get stuck into my SH stash. Not there yet, but with practice it will come. :)

Edited by mpk