Yellow tail mustangs

RLWP

I dont think so, but Im not the foremost expert on Mustangs, and others might know better. Id say that a Silhouette cutter & software might be the ticket for cutting some custom masks for these schemes. 

No multi-colored graphics, or graphics of any sort it appears, and appears only codes, the yellow tail and stripes on the wings, and the ship name (partially obscured though). 

WD-M is Miss Ruth

I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse, I bought one of the Revell P-51s yesterday. My first impulse was to make a tail fillet and then use one of the modern racer schemes that include painting the plane all over (no, not Voodoo)

I'm now reasonably sure a filleted tail P-51D is in the offing, so I might as well build this one with the stepped tail.

I'm not really up for a bare metal Mustang, but stepped tail schemes seem to be rare. I came across Miss Ruth on the front of the P-51 Mustang Super Profile book

If I could find an RAF Mustang IV with no dorsal fin, I might go for that. For the in box schemes I'm not keen on doing Lou IV following the recent blue/green stuff - it looks blue to me. So, I'll probably do 'Athelene'. I like the invasion stripes

So, a combination of buyer's remorse, trying to keep my AMS from stopping me building the kit and the desire for something different AND easy is what is driving me

Richard

MORE: For instance....

N5151.1.jpg

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/variants/airracers

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/survivors/serial/44-74994

Edited by RLWP