He 111 P2 detail thread

firstly thank you Guttorm for the pictures

so, the very famous lion cub picture is a P? i had never realised that! Any idea of WNr?

For me that is one of the most iconic images of the the Afrika campaign, especially because I have a soft spot for cats

good to know that it can be made with the Revell kit

resin Tiger cub anyone? could even have multi-purpose use if you wanted a Von Werra 109!

Edited by LSP_Kevin

Fantastic! I just bought the 1/32 scale HE-111 and Ju-88 so this thread with accompanying photo's is right on time! Hi everyone, I'm Steve, a new member and can't wait to get started on these kits! THIS forum is heaven-sent, I can tell already...These photo's are going to be SO helpful with my builds, I can't begin to tell you.

I'm a 1/32 scale aircraft and 1/35 armor and personnel enthusiast. 1/48 is ok, and I have plenty of built examples; single, twin, and four engined, but with my older eyes these 1/32 scale kits are a life saver. I have several 1/32 scale single engine fighters and fighter-bombers, but only one BF-110 night fighter, so I'm really looking forward to partaking of this thread...mostly watching and taking notes...and of course, meeting you all.

Great forum. I've been reading with enthusiasm several threads on here in the past few days...Loic's unbelievable Miss Kate, Russ's ME-110 with the 'humped' nacelle's :speak_cool: and others so I already feel the connection with some really great mind-blowing modelers. You guys are amazing!

Edited by RT-14

Guttorm-

Awesome stuff. I love looking at restoration photos like these as they always fascinate me as to the work you put into them. You and your staff are to be commended for the beautiful restorations you acheive. My dream job-

Not sure if I will build a 111, but I find the information useful none the less!!!! Thank You!!!!!

THOR :goodjob:

i really think that was up to the crew .. the three splinter cammo is awsome :) but i know that B-17 crew only rmoved the doors when enetring opeational status and aived at comvat theathres.. most likely the same things was done with geman planes but this i cant be sure of.. but i dont think you do any wrong by removing the doors