Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

Hmph!

You got your kit before I did? Well I'm very jealous and upset and I'll never talk to you again. :) :lol:

So, how does it look? So far so good? And a nice shot of the prop hub! Thanks again! :lol:

Now I've really got to get cracking on my '110! If only that pesky bathroom remodel would go away! At least I'm not sick. I'm working on the '110 some more tonight.

I got the kit before even the stores did,and without a box as that is under construction.. hehe

so i have no clue how the box will look.. so beat you on that..hehe..guess i beat most people.. but hey.. i have helped made this kit so i consider it fair and square !!

but i am very very pleased with the model and i am studing details here ..and what can i say..to me they have made the perfect Junkers 88 A1 and the most correct model of a Ju 88 so far on the marked !! I am very very pleased with the job Revell has done

just a little closeup on the left sidewall in the cockpit ( before anything is attached to it )and that is a lot that need to be glued on here :) and this will be a fun project.. post more pics of that 110 as you go :lol:)

GF

post-5311-1225995726.jpg

in the kit you will find a large mapbox behind the borfunkerseat ( this is optional and you choose yourself if you want to attach it or not ) it was on the A5 and later versions but not on our A1 when we salvaged it

do not mistake this with the mapbox behind the pilotseat..this is not optional and are on all Ju 88`s

here is a picture of the bordfunkerseat without the mapbox ( the small one behind the headrest is mounted on all planes )

post-5311-1225998817.jpg

now about the landiglight and glass. The A5 we salvaged in 2000 had yellow pleiglass..the C2 we have remains of has ywllow plexiglass..BUT the A1 we salvaged and are now restoring has Yellow GLASS..not plexi.. but its obvious that they soon went away from glass and jused plexi..and its not due to uv light that it has channged as areas of the plexi are well hidden inside the metal that sorrounds it and large portions of that plexi has never seen daylight since it was installet..and those areas are still a yellow as can be

Thanks for the confirmation on the yellow lens. I could see how they want the yellow light for glare reduction. But I have also seen plexiglas get really yellow. I was actually hoping it was really yellow, it will give another bit of color to the model!!!

I am also jealous you have the kit already, it will probably be after Christmas till we get them in the US; we will see!

the yellow lens make as you say some more nice colours to the model ( and the real aircraft as well )

and i understand that the reason for yellow is to minimize glare and also better for nightvision ( not to completely blind the pilots )

and also yellow is better in fog than clear brigh light

the model is great and i cant wait to build it :) so what am i doing here ?? hehe

another detail..note the two different colours on the rear part of the MG 15..these are both with wood ( some were with bakelite..depended on the manufaturer ) the woodparts differ in colours from gun to gun ( we have a few more with wood also..none the same colour..) the ones with bakelite are all dark brown..pretty similar to the dark one you see in this picture.. so this gives you some freedom in the colour when making the model

post-5311-1226002320.jpg

but if you go for the bakelite ( it was also in use in 1940..the A1 we salvaged had bakelite rear parts on the Mg 15 )

the bakelite has a two tone colour.. just for you that are really into details allthough the guns are pretty small on the model so i guess its pretty much the same )

on the picture is the rearpart made in bakelitt

Guttorm

post-5311-1226002568.jpg

junkers88a1

Your pictures are super and I am looking forward to getting the new kit and using the pictures that you have posted for reference. They are really helpful and you are so fortunate to be able to take part and see the real restoration. Thank you for posting all of your photos.