Split Personality Sukhoi

scvrobeson

If the group build gets approved, you going to join in with me?

Oh yeah!

Im just in contact now with Ian from Ad Astra paint masks soes I can get my masks sent to me for the Russian pre-delivery scheme. (and yes taking yours and Harvs advice I settled on the light yellow chromate primer scheme :D )

Cheers,

Brian

Oh yeah!

Im just in contact now with Ian from Ad Astra paint masks soes I can get my masks sent to me for the Russian pre-delivery scheme. (and yes taking yours and Harvs advice I settled on the light yellow chromate primer scheme :D )

Cheers,

Brian

Awesome! I think that the chromate scheme is just way too cool, and one of those schemes that once you see it, you have to do it. Kind of like my split camo idea. I saw the two schemes, and knew that I had to do them.

Come on everybody, vote for the Russian group build, it will be great. Get all of the Red Stars in one place! :party0023:

Will other Russian block countries be allowed? And Brian, the yellow is gonna be killer!!...........Harv :speak_cool:

I sure hope so, or else my Ukranian scheme is out the window. I think it just applies to Russian made, and that would include markings for anyone who used it, right? Warsaw Pact, Eastern Bloc, China, Vietnam, I guess anywhere else it was exported to. I can hope at least. Get everyone in the party. :party0023:

Will other Russian block countries be allowed? And Brian, the yellow is gonna be killer!!...........Harv :speak_cool:

I sure hope so, or else my Ukranian scheme is out the window. I think it just applies to Russian made, and that would include markings for anyone who used it, right? Warsaw Pact, Eastern Bloc, China, Vietnam, I guess anywhere else it was exported to. I can hope at least. Get everyone in the party. :party0023:

Coooool! I really didn't think about that aspect of a Russian group build. This aspect of the "From Russia with Love" GB could open up a whole RANGE of possibilities!

Depending on if Kev and the mods are ok with it, you could include not only planes made by Russians/in Russia but you could include (again as long as the Mods are ok with it) other countries planes carrying Russian markings?

Russian Lend / Lease stuff included quite a range of possibilities IIRC -

B-25%20Mitchell%20with%20Russian%20markings%20Chino%2020107169.preview.jpg

ww2-july2008-lendlease.jpg

spix.jpg

p39d2_4138428.jpg

p40inusssr2.jpg

Sorry Matt, not trying to hijack your thread, just exited about all of the forgotten possibilities for a Russian GB!

Cheers,

Brian

Coooool! I really didn't think about that aspect of a Russian group build. This aspect of the "From Russia with Love" GB could open up a whole RANGE of possibilities!

Depending on if Kev and the mods are ok with it, you could include not only planes made by Russians/in Russia but you could include (again as long as the Mods are ok with it) other countries planes carrying Russian markings?

Russian Lend / Lease stuff included quite a range of possibilities IIRC -

Sorry Matt, not trying to hijack your thread, just exited about all of the forgotten possibilities for a Russian GB!

Cheers,

Brian

Oh, it's fine Brian. Not hijacking at all. I actually like all of this talk. and all of the possibilities. Plus, this keeps my thread up near the top, where more people are likely to read it. :whistle:

Oh, it's fine Brian. Not hijacking at all. I actually like all of this talk. and all of the possibilities. Plus, this keeps my thread up near the top, where more people are likely to read it. :whistle:

Well we just got the definitive (as far as im concerned anyway :lol: ) answer from Kev via the "Its time to vote" GB thread itself:

Thanks for that Kev............curious now that it was brought up on an earlier thread, had a two part question for the mods.....

If the "From Russia with Love" GB happens to be the one chosen, would said GB allow not only planes made in and carrying Russian markings, but would Russian made planes carrying other countries markings (IE a Russian make SU-27 with say Polish or Ukrainian markings) be allowed?

That being said, would same GB allow the lend lease stuff, AKA planes not Russian made but carrying Russian markings?

I was only asking said questions as it would allow and open up a whole RANGE of new possibilities if the previous two categories of aircraft were allowed.

Cheers,

Brian

Well, my take would be yes to both. Group Builds are meant to be fun, and whatever latitude is necessary to maximise participation and diversity is fine by me.

Kev

Sounds like IF a Russian GB does turn out to be the winner, we could have the possibility of a whole SLEW of different aircraft participating!

I have to admit, im not usually a jet guy, but the SU-27/30 family really appeals to me........along with some other "older" Russian subjects. For those who dont like jets at all, the Russian GB could hold a TON of possibilities for prop jobs too....

Cheers,

Brian

Well we just got the definitive (as far as im concerned anyway :lol: ) answer from Kev via the "Its time to vote" GB thread itself:

Sounds like IF a Russian GB does turn out to be the winner, we could have the possibility of a whole SLEW of different aircraft participating!

I have to admit, im not usually a jet guy, but the SU-27/30 family really appeals to me........along with some other "older" Russian subjects. For those who dont like jets at all, the Russian GB could hold a TON of possibilities for prop jobs too....

Cheers,

Brian

Awesome! Looks like if we win, we get free reign over Russian subjects. I know I've put my vote in, let's hope everyone else follows suit. I know I'm going to be in with the Flanker, but maybe I could go for something else later on, maybe if that Special Hobby Yak-3 gets released soon enough to fit in for the group build. I think someone should compile a list though of possible subjects in 1/32 we could use for it.

I know so far, Hurricane, Spitfire, Yak-1, Warhawk, Su-27/30 family, Su-25, Migs 3-23, Il-2, what else is out there for us to build?

Edited by scvrobeson

I know so far, Hurricane, Spitfire, Yak-1, Warhawk, Su-27/30 family, Su-25, Migs 3-23, what else is out there for us to build?

Hmmmmm

IF the WS B-25 is at all released in the next month or 2, the glass nose comes with the lend / lease decals:

WingScale25met.jpg

Trumpeter also has a Russian built Yak-18A, and the IL-2 series as well.....

trp02240.jpg

IL-2_Sturmovik_on_Skis_hobby_boss.jpg

HBB83201.jpg

IF you could find one in large scale, how bout a Russian C-47, Lanc, or Liberator?

li2.jpg

1_1.jpg

Sry bout the giant pic!

1_1_1.jpg

Cheers,

Brian

Don't forget the entire MIG family...15,17,19,21...ect.........Harv :rolleyes:

Yeah Harv, I got those on the list :P

And Brian, I'm not sure how much work would be involved in converting a C-47 to an Li-2, and even that Lanc would require some serious work. I guess if someone really wanted to.... they could always do a 1/32 Tu-4 Bull... Just build a B-29 and put Red Stars on it. Maybe even do the Chinese AWACS version? :rolleyes:

tu4_uz67704.jpg

Awesome guys. Look like we're still winning in the GB voting. Hope we can get this one, this will for sure be motivation to keep working on the Sukhoi and finish it pretty quickly. As loon as I don't get distracted by anything else...

Awesome guys. Look like we're still winning in the GB voting. Hope we can get this one, this will for sure be motivation to keep working on the Sukhoi and finish it pretty quickly. As loon as I don't get distracted by anything else...

And by "quickly" Im thinking in under 6 months...........when actually my SU-30 is going to be a specific build for the US Nationals taking place in early Aug in my home town of Omaha.

Just realized I have just under 4 months to complete my build; 119 days 8 hrs 24 min and 45, 44, 43, 42, 41....... :frantic: :help: :unsure:

Hope I can pull that one out...........

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

And by "quickly" Im thinking in under 6 months...........when actually my SU-30 is going to be a specific build for the US Nationals taking place in early Aug in my home town of Omaha.

Just realized I have just under 4 months to complete my build; 119 days 8 hrs 24 min and 45, 44, 43, 42, 41....... :frantic: :help: :unsure:

Hope I can pull that one out...........

Brian

Wow, didn't know Nationals were that soon. Too bad I'm not going. A bit too much of a haul from Central California to Omaha. Guess I'll just have to wait till 2013 for it to come back around to the West Coast. But 6 months should hopefully be enough time for me. With my pace of 21 models last year, I've got 6 done so far, but this one will sure slow me down a bit. Pretty huge and involved build