2017 IPMS Nationals: Whose going, want to meet up, and got any tips?

CANicoll

I think I probably spent near $300 today alone.

Included in that is PCM G55 for $40 a brand newly released set of yellow wings decals for the KHM OS2U,and one of the new tool Fokker D.VIII and a butt load of new tools including some slide locking tweezers and a new min stainless ruler with pinpoint sized to pencil eraser sized circle stencils

Guest Peterpools

Geez, you guys are already having too much fun. Don't forget to take a few group photos for us.

Enjoy the show.

Peter

Brian and Kurth,  I missed you guys at the museum!  We ended up with a bunch of our IPMS chapter members finally getting together and of course, I forgot to wear my white Portland Maine hat. 

Hate to say it but was kind of disappointed - very dark inside so hard to get decent photographs and the planes are VERY close to each other.  On the flip side, where are you going to see a B-52, 36, etc etc?  Oh well.  I thought they were going to open up three of the AC for us to go through - or did my mind just make that up?

I'll be around tomorrow - nobody seems to have any Zotz decals or the Heavy Metal pilot figure for the F-4 (in lieu of nose weights!).  I DID splurge again today on a Badger Compressor once I found out that one of our club members drove and he offered to drive it back for me instead of having me ship it (or god forbid carry it on the plane).

And I've been roped into judging some of the aircraft categories.  I WILL be in the aforementioned white hat and my Northern Virginia IPMS gray shirt.  If you see me please say hi!

I'll try and start a IPMS Nationals Thread with pictures that we can all add to.

Chris

Edited by CANicoll

I visited the museum in the morning. It was great, I almost had the whole place to my self.

I was a nova ipms member a long time ago, and I miss it, it is a great club. nowadays my work schedule prevents me from attending.

I got decent pics in the museum with an SLR, i had to turn the iso up to 6400. But yes they really are packed in there. But that is ok, there are some rare planes there.

Edited by kurth

Guest Smitty44

We are all members of the herr Clunk gestapo now and have taken control of the convention center! It's really hard not to buy a ton of kits , but I have done well and only gotten two . Bought a ton of great tools though so I can up my game for Phoenix. More than anything it's so good to finally hang out with my partners in plastic crime!

Guest Smitty44

Just so you all don't be shocked, stand by for Ernie's next WIP.....an F-4B conversion. Darn WWI purpley stuff!