Another Hasegawa Zero Release

RBrown

Wow......... it's OK. Really.

This is a limited edition variant re-issue. Like Hasegawa does dozens of with literally EVERY kit they release.

This isn't the first 1/32 Zero limited edition re-issue they will release, nor will it be the last. No need for concern.

Because like I said, they do this with EVERY kit....

OK, No problem. But why don't they do the limited edition variants with the 1/32 Kate, Val, Pete, Jake, etc???

I have at least 8 built 1/32 Zeros. They all look alike, They all  have these big red circles on them. Enuf alreaddy!

:DodgeBall:

OK, No problem. But why don't they do the limited edition variants with the 1/32 Kate, Val, Pete, Jake, etc???

I have at least 8 built 1/32 Zeros. They all look alike, They all have these big red circles on them. Enuf alreaddy!

:DodgeBall:

Theres's no limited edition 1/32 Kate, Val, Pete, or Jake for the same reason there's no limited edition 1/32 p-38 or Hellcat or Wildcat or the many other things I'd like to see Hasegawa make.

No limited editions until they make the kit to begin with. But I think you know that.

Hasegawa is, quite rightly, going for what will sell first. Despite all the clamor for Kates and Vals in this topic, I'm guessing Hasegawa would sell hundreds of them. Literally.

Yeah I'd be much happier if Hasegawa retooled their Hellcat and Hayabusa...

Edited by KOG7777

Hasegawa is, quite rightly, going for what will sell first. Despite all the clamor for Kates and Vals in this topic, I'm guessing Hasegawa would sell hundreds of them. Literally.

I don't know that I'd bet on that. The Val and Kate are sorely missing for those of us that would like to do more Pearl Harbor stuff, and I'm guessing that Hasegawa would sell tons of them.

Hasegawa has a 1/48 Kate and 1/48 Val in their lineup. If they were top sellers, I doubt they'd be shy about releasing 1/32 versions. I mean japanese aircraft are definitely their 'thing' right now. Maybe they will later. Who knows. They clearly thought it was better to get all the fighters done first though.

I think that's part of the problem: Kate and Val are very much 'one each' kits for a lot of people I suspect. Spitfires and Mustangs and bf109s and zeros get kitted often because they are 'buy multiples' kits. All you have to do is look at the gallery pages on a site like ARC: pages and pages of Mustangs and even Zeros, but less than a page apiece for the Kate and Val.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy one each in 1/32, but I still don't believe they'd be huge sellers.

I'm hoping Hasegawa revisiting the Zero 52 is a signal that there may be a new tool Ki-43 Hayabusa before long. The Oscar really deserves a new tool.

The other key wants are the later model Ki-61s - the bubble top and follow on radial Ki-100 series - which Hasegawa could do so well.

Looks like the Ki-46 and Seiran might be naturals from Zoukei-Mura. Its Ki-45 Toryu may be my very first Z-M kit.

Tony

edited for clarity

Edited by Tony T

I think that's part of the problem: Kate and Val are very much 'one each' kits for a lot of people I suspect. Spitfires and Mustangs and bf109s and zeros get kitted often because they are 'buy multiples' kits. All you have to do is look at the gallery pages on a site like ARC: pages and pages of Mustangs and even Zeros, but less than a page apiece for the Kate and Val.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy one each in 1/32, but I still don't believe they'd be huge sellers.

Perhaps, though in my own case, I seldom (if ever) have more than one of the exact same aircraft model. I have no desire to do more than one Kate, any more than I want to do more than one P-51D. You make an interesting point though, perhaps the models of the Val and Kate would be limited somewhat to just Pearl Harbor attackers in many collections, I really have no idea. 

Perhaps, though in my own case, I seldom (if ever) have more than one of the exact same aircraft model. I have no desire to do more than one Kate, any more than I want to do more than one P-51D. You make an interesting point though, perhaps the models of the Val and Kate would be limited somewhat to just Pearl Harbor attackers in many collections, I really have no idea. 

Me too - I have some multiples, but that's down to trades and, basically, mistakes.

I like building kits, but building the same kit again would feel a little bit repetitive, compared to moving on to something else. It's also more interesting, for me at least, to learn more about different planes when researching builds. Although I can also understand people who build specific planes - 109 & Spitfire come to mind - and enjoy knowing every last thing about them.

I do have a few 109's, but they are different marks and they did change quite a bit by the time the "K" came out.

Me too - I have some multiples, but that's down to trades and, basically, mistakes.

I like building kits, but building the same kit again would feel a little bit repetitive, compared to moving on to something else. It's also more interesting, for me at least, to learn more about different planes when researching builds. Although I can also understand people who build specific planes - 109 & Spitfire come to mind - and enjoy knowing every last thing about them.

I do have a few 109's, but they are different marks and they did change quite a bit by the time the "K" came out.

I don't buy multiples of the same boxing from the same company (not when it comes to 1/32 aircraft anyway), but I definitely have many Spitfires, Bf109s, Fw190s, Mustangs when I tally up all the different variants I have from various manufacturers.