Trumpeter FW 190D Build

Nachtjaeger

Hello gents. I'm glad to have found a forum for model building big scale planes. I have been model building since I was in the 3rd grade when I became a aircraft buff. I love WW2 aircraft American and German. I have not been building for the last 12 years almost. Very busy with the business, being a dad, a husband and life in general lol.....life happens! Well I am back to doing something I really enjoy even though it can be frustrating at times (we can all relate to this....parts that dont align, inaccuracies in molds....etc... ) I have been putting together my stash over the years so I can start building as soon as I could.

Well for my first build I have chosen one of my favorite warbirds of the Luftwaffe during WW2. The Focke Wulf FW190D. I have built other 1/32 scale Hasegawa FW190s and FW190Ds in the past. But when I found out Trumpeter had one in 1/24 I just had to get one. I built a 1/24 from Airfix a long time ago and the fitment on that was not stellar. Hopefully this one goes well after fixing a couple of things I have read about that need to be addressed. 

I plan to build it straight foward with a few details to the cockpit and correcting the couple of details that need attention. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated form the more experienced builders. It will take sometime but I will post progress as much as I can.

DSCN0772_zpsd0e51019.jpg?t=1413990638

Kit and my reference material I have had from past builds.

DSCN0771_zpsc7434403.jpg?t=1413990789

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was nice to get some more stuff in the mail for the Dora 9. I have been trying to find 1/24 decals for this bird but I have not seen much of a nice selection.  :hmmm: Anyone knows of a company that makes them for this model?

DSCN0786_zps665873f1.jpg

I believe the best thing to use in this scale are masks!  Have you considered the landing gear set from Greymatter? Waaaay better than the kits'.  They also have a pretty nice seat.

J

Edited by JRutman

I believe the best thing to use in this scale are masks!  Have you considered the landing gear set from Greymatter? Waaaay better than the kits'.  They also have a pretty nice seat.

J

I may do that since I have them. I was thinking of the landing gear as well. I dont know about the "springy" ones that come with the kit. I will look into the seat. About a year ago I read about a company that made a resin cockpit for this kit but I was not able to get any info from the website. Resine I believe the company that made it.