RFI Kitty Hawk OV-10A Black Ponies

Out2gtcha

Steve, Randy, Vitali, Joe, thanks for looking in on me and the kind words. :)

Of course nothing is perfection in our world like we would like it to be, but Ill take it, and I hope in the end Glen likes it, and it helps Kitty Hawk sell more models. This is really the main reason I took this commission.

In a sense, I feel im helping, in some small way to further my own hobby in that I love 32nd scale, and KHM seems to be coming up with some great models in my scale, and if this one helps them move and make more 1/32, stuff, Im down all day.

Cheers till your older!

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Amazing work and absolutely a gorgeous finish. It was a pleasure to ride with you through the build and learn as you progressed.

Glen is one lucky guy to have your Bronco.

Looking at the photos, I'm only guessing but it appears some of the images were taken with a wide angle lens and that would explain the strange wing effects and bending.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Brian

Amazing work and absolutely a gorgeous finish. It was a pleasure to ride with you through the build and learn as you progressed.

Glen is one lucky guy to have your Bronco.

Looking at the photos, I'm only guessing but it appears some of the images were taken with a wide angle lens and that would explain the strange wing effects and bending.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Thanks Peter!  

That is kind of what I was thinking........................also the backdrop I used was I found a bit bowed, as well as the fact that the underside of the wing is not really parallel with the top..............so between the underside of the wing, the backdrop and some funky setting on my camera, it caused a mild fish eye look.

I secured the OV-10A in its cradle in the 18 x 18 x18 box, then lined the bottom of the 22 x 22 x 22 inch square box with dense packing foam. Then I laid the 18 x 18 x18 box on that, and surrounded it with packing peanuts. I then covered the top of the 18 x 18 x18 box with peanuts as well, and closed up and sealed the 22 x 22 x 22, dropping it off Saturday afternoon at my local FedEx depot.

The end result was very stable, and had no play or shake anywhere, inside either box.

Here's praying she makes it to Glen in the same shape I sent her in!

Well, FedEx says shes on schedule for delivery tomorrow 5/7.    Scary!    Im really hoping my normal shipping/packing method was enough to overcome the dreaded FedEx loaders and un-loaders! 

This method has never failed me in the past yet, and Im hoping the OV-10 is no exception.................

Hopefully will get a report from Glen tomorrow or Friday.

Well done Brian my man you are a great modeller and it's stressful making something when no one else has plowed the field before you so congrats mate!

Ads

Thanks Adam!    Very kind of you to say................in circumstances like this, you really just have to forge ahead making new rules and/or process along the way. I used the AirScale interments, and as nice as they are, (REALLY nice) Im sure for the average guy, having the OOB decals, as well as actual instructions would be most welcome.

FedEx says the OV-10A is scheduled to be delivered to Glen today.   Hoping shes in the same condition I sent her in!