Tomcat F-14D Trumpeter

Pfuf

Hi 2 weeks a go I got the question if I can make the fuel tanks and bomb racks so today I started them must say I did spray them with primer the day before.

The Primer is white so a drop of dark Grey to get a nice base to start from.

After that the original color did make light stripes and some spots.

3 I use 90% clear lacker 10% US Grey Light 71045 and with that I follow panel lines and lighten up spot repair.

4 same story only now the 10 % Light Grey Green 71044 it is not the color self I just look if I get the dark yellow stain thingy dirty fillty.... ok ok I am ok.

5 same mix story only now 10% Olive Drab for the really dirty spots were water and oil collects when the bird get really hot and maintenance touch the plane.

And last just black 10% to get some spot even more dirty.

Now because I use high gloss Varnish this give a light silk shine I did the tank filler cape right after this using tape and cut out the spot now no paint game loose funny the primer form the day before pays off.

I did the big panel lines with Rotring 0,18 mm fast because the black will dry up and stick for ever where you don't want it so stress full event he he.

The finer lines I used Tamiya black wash this will stick to any spot were the paint is not that smooth from the High Gloss Varnish so there is a possible you have to repair some spot just yous the same mix 90% 10% color.

5873663713_28b6bc5acb_b.jpg

5873663709_a3e6899085_b.jpg

5873663693_f1149de045_b.jpg

Oh tanks are from Wolfpack back bad casting needed to get some filler to fill the Big mould crack.

Have johan

Guest Peterpools

Super work on the tanks and bomb racks. Weathering is outstanding: Used but not Abused!

:thumbsup:

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

I was just looking for reference on the VF-2 Bounty Hunters when I stumbled across your F-14D build here on LSP. I am currently building the 104 aircraft of the Bounty hunters but I have converted the Tamiya kit to a D model.

I Must say I really like your application of the painted diagonal markings on the side, It looks WAY better than the decals.

very nice work!

BC

Thx people I did not notice there were any comments I did do the diamondback fuel tank stripe I will post a pic when I get back on my main PC.

they are now installed and every one happy will post the photos he send the are a bit blurry.

5931156237_08446c9516_z.jpgThx people I did not notice there were any comments I did do the diamondback fuel tank stripe I will post a pic when I get back on my main PC.

they are now installed and every one happy will post the photos he send the are a bit blurry.

5931134677_9d0ce209c0_b.jpg

Well I now notice the damage from removing the decal I placed the decal on it to get a good I idea were it must go lol well then game the moment to remove it my god it stick like super glue.

5931134689_43609195a6_b.jpg

I did try to get the ends to meet good it was impossible so grrrr.

5931134691_dabde4c558_b.jpg

And here are they at there new owner.

5931156235_1c38df3493_z.jpg

Johan

Edited by Pfuf

• 2 years later...

I just went back thru this thread - amazing stuff mate, this is really a terrific build.

I have the the b version in the stash and this just make me want to rip it out and start building....

Inspirational...........!

• 2 weeks later...