Tomcat F-14D Trumpeter

Pfuf

Hi thx the front landing gear can be set in ready for the catpult and in just parked so I do like the ready to get shoot of the flightdeck still this one I wil make it just parked.

This I started the build instructions say make the engines but I whant to start the legs first the steel reinforcement is super best of both worlds here the photo O can even at some alu foil on the leg.

post-5365-1261315277.jpg

The cockpit have on the side wall a lining of cloth no it isn't the same color as the steel so I have made it a little diffrend by adding some blue now maybe it looks to muche when the cockpit closes it will tone down fast in the dark and afther some weathering.

Need to leave that for a day so I can use the tape to spray the black control surfage and hope to use the stamp to get easy lots of sharp detail.

have fun maybe more today on the landing gear.

If in any change you think a special detail needs attention just show me I will be gratefull

post-5365-1261315433.jpg

Hi scotsman wel your going to injoy it the landing gear is big lots of parts and you need to watche out for mistakes a I did not yet get to the very smal parts I need some Putty to clean up some small seams.

Here the photo's O yes the oil container needs a bit attention LoL

post-5365-1261351673.jpg

And I did make the the big wheelbay they are a bit tricke still the fit wonderfull so the were the tyre comes that i glued te wall the vertical peace is still loose have to check how that fits.

I cant remember how tamiya this peace made I love the way this fall's together.

post-5365-1261352184.jpg

There are soem pin marks but they are very small and some are rectangle new for me lol here a dry fit of the tube and the spcae that still there wil be filled it feels very solid great fun

post-5365-1261352601.jpg

I am really enjoying your many step by step photos....keep up the great work.....and pics :-)

Anyone know who makes some nice applicable resin seats with and without belts?

Thanks

Legends Productions of Korea currently have the most accurate SJU-17 NACES seats available in 1/32 scale. You'll need to add the canopy piercers though.

the main U/C bays are MUCH better than the tamiya ones I've spent too much time adding detail the main wheel wells on the tamiya kits to want to do that again , to be accurate , you need to add a LOt of additional detail into the wheel wells , but they are a much better starting point that the Tamiya model

The main legs again look a little simplified , but perfectly usable , just the addition of some hydralic lines, and plates from the Eduard set is all you need ..

I can't wait for mine - keeps the pics coming!