Customising 1/35 scale figures

Given the 3rd Reich images from the link "http://www.lovettartillery.com/10.5cm_leic...tze_Limber.html" I would say: yes, the mod 16 gun and protze remained unchanged.

But I will check my printed references. I had an article about the Heeresfeldwagen, but I cleared my shelves some time ago too... We shall see. Remember, that the mod 16 and mod 18 Feldhaubitze were somewhat different guns (but shared the same ammo). The mod 16 gun had 2 seats at the splinter shield, which were abandoned at the mod 18 gun. So the Protze for the mod 18 had a second rearward seat on the top and a foot board on the back for crewman. Watch also out for the different wheels. These have overlapping spokes instead of the straight wooden spokes of the older Protze and gun model.

Regards! - dutik

Given the 3rd Reich images from the link "http://www.lovettartillery.com/10.5cm_leic...tze_Limber.html" I would say: yes, the mod 16 gun and protze remained unchanged.

But I will check my printed references. I had an article about the Heeresfeldwagen, but I cleared my shelves some time ago too... We shall see. Remember, that the mod 16 and mod 18 Feldhaubitze were somewhat different guns (but shared the same ammo). The mod 16 gun had 2 seats at the splinter shield, which were abandoned at the mod 18 gun. So the Protze for the mod 18 had a second rearward seat on the top and a foot board on the back for crewman. Watch also out for the different wheels. These have overlapping spokes instead of the straight wooden spokes of the older Protze and gun model.

Regards! - dutik

Once again good info. I have the wheels covered. I will be using the pressed steel wheels and the earlier square trails for the towed gun I will be doing.

JR

Here are the guys after a little more work. The 'cast" has increased by one obviously. The arms and added parts have been puttied and sanded and the poses sort of finallized. Some work still needs to be done on symetry of the anatomy but the little dudes are starting to resemble something now. I paint the figs after each correction session to better see what needs to be fixed. Here we go...

fig4001-1.jpg

Jerry,

forgot to mention that I've searched my shelves for more images. Sorry, but the Limber images are gone while reducing my stockpile of old magazines some time ago. Only have some more images (6) of the Feldwagen. Will scan and email them if you need them.

Sidenote: The long bar between the horses next to the wagon was made from steel tube to save weight. At the very front was a hook, upward and back, to click in the tree for the two front horses (or maybe also for another long bar for driving with 6 horses?).

Regards! - dutik

Jerry,

forgot to mention that I've searched my shelves for more images. Sorry, but the Limber images are gone while reducing my stockpile of old magazines some time ago. Only have some more images (6) of the Feldwagen. Will scan and email them if you need them.

Sidenote: The long bar between the horses next to the wagon was made from steel tube to save weight. At the very front was a hook, upward and back, to click in the tree for the two front horses (or maybe also for another long bar for driving with 6 horses?).

Regards! - dutik

Thanks man! I could use any pics at all! I have not updated this lately because I can't get my computor to read the photo cards any more. Later,

JR

• 1 month later...

Got a little work done on these little guys. Pics will follow. Found some guys I was doing for a dio about 10 years ago called"Peiper andDiefenthal at Stoumount". You can see what the end result is using new hands,heads and a little putty. Jupp Diefenthals' Ostfront coat was made from putty. The Grenadiers were made by just mixing parts and gear from different sources. Pic could be better.

J

002-11.jpg

Jerry,

Good thread, and timely too. I'm just beginning to work on figures for my dio. and this is just the kind of info I need.

BTW, what bullett are you using to depict the projectile for the 105? IIRC the 105 came as an assembled round (projectile & brass/steel casing) in which case a .22 long might work. The 155 and 8" were seperate projectiles with bag charges.

Fred

Jerry,

Good thread, and timely too. I'm just beginning to work on figures for my dio. and this is just the kind of info I need.

BTW, what bullett are you using to depict the projectile for the 105? IIRC the 105 came as an assembled round (projectile & brass/steel casing) in which case a .22 long might work. The 155 and 8" were seperate projectiles with bag charges.

Fred

Thanks for looking in Fred. The arty round is the German105mm and it came with a seperate charge that looked like a spent cartridge. The ammo comes from a nice set from the kit.

You can take this modification of existing figures any way you want to go. The German guys were a slight mod. Here is an example of a radical mod. This guy started out with legs from Historex and arms and head from Airfix multipose figures in 1/32

Iroquis001-1.jpg