Photo

As my compressor slowly weeps (need advice)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Nessus

Nessus

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Jennings, I never said anything about explosion anywhere. I said leak.

Please make sure you read what is written. Yes, these things are everywhere, as are nitrogen, LPG and CNG cylinders (and others as well). And yes, they are hydrostatically tested beyond their normal operating limits to ensure they don't rupture in normal service.

Having first hand experience with nitrogen cylinders leaking into a room (that incidentally did have oxygen sensors), I am just relating an instance where a fitting on a tank has failed, leading to a compromised atmosphere, hence the word of caution.

And for the record, I have seen the results of a ruptured compressed air cylinder. Not pretty.

Anyway, back to our regular programming.

#47 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

If you go through life worrying about CO2 cylinders, you’re going to have a very unhappy life.

You could asphyxiate from the CO2 coming from your beer...

Edited by Jennings Heilig, 17 November 2017 - 01:22 AM.

"It's all part of the show..."

#48 Gigant

Gigant

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:03 AM

To get maximum affect from any moisture trap, it must be located as far down (away from compressor) the air hose as possible so the air can cool in the hose. I have the hose run to the workbench where moisture trap is mounted. Then run hose to airbrush with sufficient "work" length. Nice that it is there within reach for purging on occasion too.

Adding that it is odd that they are sold with the trap mounted right on the compressor fitting!

That is exactly how I set mine up! I moved the traps and regulators from the compressor to a shelf above my work table, ran hoses to them, then run a pair of coiled hoses from the traps/regulators to the brushes. Works great!

This is the basic set-up that the Sparmax TC-2000 I recently bought uses.

:innocent: Tom

My photo album: https://www.flickr.c...1984@N04/albums

#49 Nessus

Nessus

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

Thank for the feedback Jennings. As usual, (from purely my observations), missing the point.

As I don't wish to be banned from the forums, I'll leave it at that, other than to say other people have valid opinions and real world experience too.

Enjoy your day everyone.

#50 Mark_C

Mark_C

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

If you go through life worrying about CO2 cylinders, you’re going to have a very unhappy life.

You could asphyxiate from the CO2 coming from your beer...

Dude, that's not fair.  Nessus is trying to make a serious point and you mocking him doesn't add a thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users