Carnage in the Falaise cauldron

JRutman

Been working on some stuff for a larger dio. I have to finish things in bite size chunks so I don't get burned out. This ambulance is about 95% done. I can't put the final touches on till it gets on the groundwork.

paintonhorses002_zps9e95d0b9.jpg

paintonhorses003_zps4eaa3870.jpg

endofhorses001_zps290380f7.jpg

endofhorses002_zps0aeccd11.jpg

carcrew007_zps78e2af1b.jpg

deadcrew001_zps38a30b78.jpg

primeron005_zps3e6f28e2.jpg

The Traction Avant has seen better days along with the passengers.

Hell hath no fury as a Typhoon or P47.

J

My friend, what can I say. You bring so much life,death to your dio's. you have such a feel for expression and living detail that can not be compared to anyone else. You can "feel" your work..........Harv

• 4 weeks later...

I have progressed with work on the car. Last night I jumped ahead a few steps to experiment with natural cammo. Since the branches stick out so much on the roof top,etc I had to use the tedious paper leaves on thin twig method. Leaves were then painted light olivegreen and washed with darker olivegreen. Since my historical event(Falaise) happened in late August I suppose no acorns yet??

wash003_zpsd4d820eb.jpg

wash001_zps255cd4f2.jpg

leaves002_zps3a941915.jpg

leaves001_zps0feca050.jpg

More branches and the thin wire to hold them on are still to be added. Hope it doesn't suck?

J

Suck?!?!?  Its freaking out-standing

The ability to depict death in a dio without going over the top, or unrealistic with the blood and gore, is a talent that you have to have natural talent for from the jump..............

Really nice effort on this one!

Suck?!?!?  Its freaking out-standing

The ability to depict death in a dio without going over the top, or unrealistic with the blood and gore, is a talent that you have to have natural talent for from the jump..............

Really nice effort on this one!

Thanks Brian,

High praise coming from a modeler of your caliber,

J

How did you kill the horseys?

They met their demise through schrapnel wounds. I made some resin copies of the old old Italerei horses and then modified the resin copies with the same re-positioning methods used for human figs. The harnesses are lead foil and wire.

I assume this answers your question?

J

Jerry,

it looks awsome mate.

I'd probably give little more "volumes" to the branches on the roof (just like you did on the one that is on the back of the car) but this said, this "traction avant" looks marvelous !

I have to blame you though cause each time I look at your work, makes me want to go back to armor diorama stuff... I must resist the temptation    :help:

Keep up the great work  ;)

Jerry,

it looks awsome mate.

I'd probably give little more "volumes" to the branches on the roof (just like you did on the one that is on the back of the car) but this said, this "traction avant" looks marvelous !

I have to blame you though cause each time I look at your work, makes me want to go back to armor diorama stuff... I must resist the temptation    :help:

Keep up the great work  ;)

Thanks for the kind words brother!  I will be making a lot more branches for the cammo,yes. I just wanted to see what the cammo looked like so far. It is nowhere near finished yet.  How do the branches look though? Believable?

J