1/48 Revell B-24D Fuselage Closed

fightnjoe

• 2 weeks later...
Ok just a brief update to show some of what has been occupying my time.

A great deal of time seems to have been spent trying to get the SCR 274 as close as I can to what I have found in pictures.  To that end it has been worked and reworked a number of times.

Lets take a look at what may be the final layout of the equipment.  Now remember there is still the wiring to add as well as painting and permanent installation.

jmIAYFO.jpg

AY48JGy.jpg

0rlMWzm.jpg

o8AmSEu.jpg

And a quick glimpse of the main radio for the aircraft, the Bomb release panel from the Bombardier station, and finally part of the IFF system that sits under the Navigator station.  (Left to right)

b5LvBW8.jpg

For now that is it.  

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Ok how about another overview as the work continues for the B-24D by Revell.  Again remembering that the kit parts are in gray and the rest are my additions from styrene bits and bobs.

As I move forward on this something that has really caught me is how it seems to be coming together.  For this update some small parts such as the inter plane communication boxes and the heaters to larger things like the plumbing and wiring.  For this update I again mocked up much of what I have minus the O2 bottles, some of the walkway, and some of the plumbing.  

qXdz3mL.jpg

QNjRood.jpg

Jtvu0dJ.jpg

A1G1oMN.jpg

new9EcC.jpg

LOWEBOm.jpg

Z60MHF1.jpg

OoMBee5.jpg

OBJJPr4.jpg

I am sharing two sets of images.  One is showing what will be seen through the cuts and the other just focuses on the detail itself.

I still have work to do on the interior.  More walkways, plumbing, and some smaller details however it is coming together.

Many thanks for all the kindness shown to this build and your very kind comments.  I am both honored and humbled.

Please all comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Wow, terrific! Some really inspirational work here as usual..........

lovely work

Check the mount location on the waist .50's though, seems to far aft to me

Im no Consolidated Mess expert, but it seems it would be hard to fire the waist .50 cal aft at all in that position

You are all very kind.

I will check the location of the .50's.  If I remember right the mount itself lines up withe the tail side of the window frame.  The arm allows it to swing into the middle.  On mine the mount is one piece and the swing arm is not permanently attached.  It can swing where the weapon is in the middle of the window.

Joe