Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

That's nice scratchbuilding there, Dave!

Is there any chance you could get (even borrow) a better camera? It would be a pity to lose all that detail among a storm of pixel fuzz... :D

Radu

Thank Radu. l am working on borrowing a camera but with the day soon coming upon us it wont be until after the new year.

Hacker merrry christmas

ok l borrowed a frends HP camrea but l will tell you my old sony was much better. Anyways l hope the pictuures are better on here but l doubt it but here we go. first off more cockpit shots . l finished adding all the side controls and such. l used the one from the Revell kit and modified it. The armour plate behind the seat l removed for now as it was in my way l will put it back before painting

post-542-1167320211.jpg

post-542-1167320601.jpg

Leaving the fuselage for a bit l turned to the wings. At this stage l cut out the flaps but l plan to leave the ailerons in place. l am still undecided if l am going to leave it or remove them. l also cut out the wheel wells. so l pretty much butchered the bottom half of the wings.

post-542-1167322839.jpg

l now turn my attention to the tops. l cut out on each wing the excess panels for the 20 mm cannons. As you can see looking underneath l got all the structure marked out. l plan to build the wheel wells as well as the area where the cannons go. Well that is for today enjoy

Hacker Happy New Year

post-542-1167324033.jpg

just a side note here. l dont know if you all remember that posting about making your own punch and die set ?? Well seeing the cost of buying them and the fact of economics of my life right now l decided to take the plunge and make my own as l need them for this project and any future ones. If things work out l will make a post on tips and techinques to show how l did it. currently l am gathering up the matterial l need.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=11940

hacker Hapy New Years