Olimp ORA 32-14 EF2000 Typhoon 'Englishman over Tripoli'

Iain

tony , ever since 2014 , things have been rather more polarized up here alas!

Sorry - we're way off topic here 

I'm up fr anything that enhances revell's rather flimsy Eurofighter model  , I've built two of the things  and they really need all the help they can get , definitely a a case of a kit being produced down to a price 

Seriously? I've heard only good comments about that kit (not the cas for the Trumpeter one). It's not so good?

Thanks Iain. I have that kit (the single seater) with several resin sets from Aires, if i remember correctly i have the cockpit, the exhaust, maybe the wheel bays? And a very nice booklet with profiles and a sheet of decals. Mine will be italian with the cavalino on the tail. :)

I hope i can solve those details issues. As long as the overall shape and dimensions are good, it's not that bad. And the kit is very cheap for such a big box.

By the way, thank you for your review ! It seems that Olimp models bring some interesting sets, but the quality is not that good. That's the second time i hear that.

And what a strange resin color !

As it's been said, some parts look strange as if they have been burnt (kind of black edges).

Edited by Zero77

Quality is not bad but quality control is really not acceptable. A stupid example: some people got damaged decals because they were put against the resin casting blocks! This is plain stupid and does not ask for a tremendous effort to avoid such a problem. Ditto for the casting quality of some parts or even missing parts.

I just have the Eurofighter set, not the Harrier one and my set does not have any of the mentioned problems. It had just one broken part and this is not uncommon; even in high-end resin sets. However, it looks I was simply lucky.

Too bad as there is room for an aftermarket company focusing on British LSP postwar topics.

Various good things have been released by Brit companies (Heritage, Relish, Paragon, Xtraparts, etc.) but the availability is always so-so.

here is a comparison between trump and revell as i built both side by side. In the end i couldn't decide which won, they both have pro's and cons:

https://reddogsmodels.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/132-ef-2000-revelltrumpeter-comparison-side-by-side-report/

at the end of the build, i couldn't make up my mind, so I made a spreadsheet assigning points for each aspects; look at the results:

comp_typhoons.jpg

EF2000_080_revell_final.jpg

back then the olymp set wasn't :)

Edited by red Dog

Interesting perspectives Red Dog.

The twin seater release comes with bangy things to drop from the wings.

Two Mikes inlet covers "solve" the dustbin-depth ducting, but it would still be nice to open it all up properly.

When I build one using the kit parts, instead of something far preferable like G-factor bronze legs, I will probably stiffen the lower NLG plastic leg with layers of cyanoacrylate glue or epoxy glue or get a bespoke one made.

Tony