AT-28D "Zorros" - FINISHED!

Thanks Gents! I am happy with how the build looks, just bummed about it sitting on it's tail.  

When I saw the two nuggets of weight in the box I thought KH mistakenly dropped a second one in the box, obviously that wasn't the case. After going back through the instructions, I found the step where I was supposed to install the weights. DOH! (edited from my initial post). 

Adding additional weight will require major surgery to the build, and I'm not going to go that route. I weighted the second nugget, and it's 31 grams. So, 62 grams of weight is needed to hold it down on it's front tire! I weighted out 31 grams of lead fishing weights, and there is no way I'm going to get it to fit. Making a stand is easier than cutting open the build. I'll chalk this up as lessoned learned for the next one I build.

Anyway, I'll be adding the finishing touches over the long Thanksgiving weekend. Need to finish up by 11/31, so I can get ready for the next GB, Color My World Blue.

Mike

Edited by Dragon

Happy Thanksgiving all! After feasting this afternoon, I decided to skip watching football and spent time at the bench instead finishing up this build. I wanted to wrap it up before the next GB starts in a few days.

Overall, I'm very happy with the build. Although I made numerous mistakes along the way, I'll learn from them and continue to improve my modeling skills. I pushed my skills on this build with some scratch building and trying a new weathering technique.

I was extremely impressed by this kit. The fit was exceptional; the only challenging area was the cowling. It was a really enjoyable build. I've already started to acquire AM for the next one I'll build.

I definitely need to work on taking better pics, but here they are:

GXZLxEV.jpg

1drkik7.jpg

Kl6jH7t.jpg

qaRrBre.jpg

BDHbYW0.jpg

Thanks for following along!

Mike

Good work mate, it looks great. I will put you up in the gallery.

Thanks Brad!

I think it looks GREAT!   Hell, Im not sure what you did for a stand, as I cant really even see any.    Well done! 

Thanks Brian! For the stand I used a clear piece of styrene cut to length and installed just aft of the dive brake in a depression I made with a drill bit. 

Mike

Edited by Dragon