Spitfire Mk. Vb Jan Zumbach's EN951, Hobby Boss

karambolis8

Hello

In first wip i should introduce myself I guess :)

I'm Adam from Poland. I'm a modeller for few years so far and has built few tens of models, however The Large Scales were not my favourite ones. I was always admiring 1:32 and similar builds, often with incredible level of details, but simply cost and space are limits to me.

Recently I got 1:32 Spitfire Vb for a comission build and in some contest won another Spitfire, VIII Tamiya, so some of my limitations were bypassed ;)

Here I would like to present current state and further progress of Hobby Boss Spitfire Vb comission build.

Presented model will be Spitfire Vb EN951 of polish pilot Jan Zumbach. It is quite famous unit, at least in Poland ;)

I've started work with Eduard photoetched flaps

23305-26926-88-pristine.jpg

Zumbach's Spitfire has thick armorglass in fornt of windscreen and Hobby Boss has this reproduced very blady, so this is first and the most important modification of base kit. At beginning just a non-transparent prototype.

y9zEDVC.jpg
830zA7N.jpg
Cdycfu7.jpg
i6BGncl.jpg
fel5Iow.jpg
GK3fGAb.jpg
Q3QcTLI.jpg

Work in cockpit:
334853-26926-15.jpg
334854-26926-52.jpg

JfhfnUD.jpg
4V6ZXaH.jpg

RUcY3Qz.jpg
FkYniNG.jpg
Rx0RGXQ.jpg

Who has ever worked with Eduard printed photoetches knows, how badly they looks like. It helps a little to cover them with matt varnish.

Flaps almost finished and closing fuselage is almost visible on horizon ;)

And the most recent state

Cheers :)
Adam

Thanks everyone :)

That Spitfire has a very non-standard rearview mirror. That will certainly stand out compared to the common Spitfire model.

Mirror is second most important modification in this kit and present on my TODO list.

Great subject, I'm a big fan of the Polish 303 sqn, all their achievements are worth recognition. The most notorious reputation of Zumbach Squadron was when the 303 was under the RAF during the Battle of Britain. Although at the begining of the Battle when Polish pilots were  not yet considered reliable by the RAF ( NOT  FAIR JUDGEMENT THOUGH!), after some time they were able to form their own squadron (303) which was in fact by the end of the Battle of Britain, the best squadron exceeding in performance even the British squadrons. They were such a magnificent group of brave pilots.     :piliot:

Edited by Maurice

• 2 weeks later...